*Official* Football Manager 2023 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

vor einer Stunde schrieb FMisback:

Can you change your default save location? Can’t seem to find a setting and despite saving to the cloud. next time I save it auto saves locally so when I pick up the other device the save isn’t available 

You can select on left corner local/cloud

998A6774-FCA2-4297-90CA-F8D5C5537F6E.png

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought an Ipad 9 for Fm 2023.I disabled all the services/backround apps etc to free the cpu/ram usage.

When a match starts,it seems smooth at first.After a few seconds fps drops start (only in matches).

Is Fm 2023 Touch badly optimized for ipads?Do you also notice fps drops?

*just read there was a fix by lowering the graphics on fmt 2021 on android devices by editing a file.Is there a similar fix for ipads this year?

Edited by emr1907

7 hours ago, Nagatomo said:

You can select on left corner local/cloud

998A6774-FCA2-4297-90CA-F8D5C5537F6E.png

That’s true, but the issue is that you have to keep manually choosing Cloud. If you save the game and go and do something else, it saves locally despite initially being saved on cloud. You have to do Save As and choose Cloud in order to play the game with the most recent save on another device. You should be able to choose default save location as Cloud and it automatically saves there. 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Burty76:

That’s true, but the issue is that you have to keep manually choosing Cloud. If you save the game and go and do something else, it saves locally despite initially being saved on cloud. You have to do Save As and choose Cloud in order to play the game with the most recent save on another device. You should be able to choose default save location as Cloud and it automatically saves there. 

Yeah you are right there is no option to choose default save place. I was thinking he don't know how to save on cloud 🙈

The version I've been playing is the switch version and compared to last year its been a improvement, the radial menu was much needed (finally can pick my players in the tactics screen), team talks are very welcome and definitely enjoy the time line even though I find unnecessary for it have listed most of the regens I decided to sign, most don't even make it to first team. 

There are bugs, I've had crashes, both during the match and in the menus (this was already present last year), I've found that if you don't have a assistant manager, team talks don't work. 

What disappointed me most is, yet again, not being able to customize out manager reputation. Personally I love to start from the bottom with one star and unemployed but the game is set to automatic and only by loading certain leagues and their pyramids I am able to get something closer to one star rep. Hate it cause it forces me to load leagues that sometimes I don't want to play. This year I can't even find where to choose my favourite club (could be that I'm missing something though 😅

I've mentioned it last year but sadly its not in game this year, here's hoping someome from SI reads this and considers giving us that minor customization detail that would make the game much more enjoyable. 

Le 09/11/2022 à 13:56, Darryl6464 a dit :

Game seems fantastic this year and there have been quite a few mini tweaks which have enhanced the experience.

Just a couple of niggles. Playing on the XBox.The sound seems to go off between saves and have discovered if I launch another game prior to playing this the sound does come back on.

What happened to the analysis feature in the tactics screen? I really liked this previously as it helps you to work out what isn't working with your tactics and player roles.

I have probably the same problem than you.

this is because the game does not handle well the "quick resume". If I restart the game entirely, the sound come back.

It's frustating to reboot the game each time and lose 5 minutes !

Another weird thing, on the tactic screen (just before the the football match,

the substitutes on the right, except for the goalkeeper, do not have their favorite position to display, unlike in previous years. Difficult when you arrive in a new team to make its composition there.

for everything else, the game is great! Thank you for adding elements of the pc version every year!

I also need the update soon... when you simulate seasons and tick "use current tactics" or whatever it just uses a default formation regardless of what tactic you put in. Gets in the way of tactic testing and other stuff. Was pleasantly surprised of how quick it simulated a year and then pure sadness when I realised it didn't actually use the tactic I wanted to test :lol:

I play on console version and to be honest I’m not very happy with this years game.

last years was so much better, I feel the new in game screen is like I’m playing a phone game, what happened to having the same screen layout as PC that’s so much better it’s what most of us have began to know and love and another thing about the in game gameplay, it frustrates me how whenever I click on anything it stops the game, even changing game speed will stop play, the tired/injured players message isn’t great and in one instance it said “*players name* is injured” I press B to ignore and 10 seconds later the player goes down injured, ruins the immersive feel.

I really do love football manager as a whole but feel you’ve taken a step backwards this year, I’d like to see you stick to being as close to PC version because that game really is great.

4 hours ago, BradleyB1 said:

I feel the new in game screen is like I’m playing a phone game, what happened to having the same screen layout as PC that’s so much better it’s what most of us have began to know and love and another thing about the in game gameplay, it frustrates me how whenever I click on anything it stops the game, even changing game speed will stop play, the tired/injured players message isn’t great and in one instance it said “*players name* is injured” I press B to ignore and 10 seconds later the player goes down injured, ruins the immersive feel.

Came to say the same thing, the in-game screen is such a bizarre (deliberate) decision! Not being able to have live scores/ opponents team on screen at all times means I don't really check them (especially because it pauses the game) which leaves me feeling disconnected from my game world and kills immersion.

Assistant manager feedback is irritating too, only tells me if I get tired players which obviously I can see for myself at the bottom of my screen. Would turn that off if I could.

Another bizarre change is removing some of the shouts. I get encourage was OP and would have liked that tweaking but why remove berate if you're going to keep praise? Can't see the logic there.

Really hope these decisions can be addressed if not changed

I've been playing FM23 on the Xbox and while there are some positives to gameplay with small quality of life changes, I can't help but feel slightly frustrated at some of the decisions made to supposedly make the game more accessible or improve the matchday UI - glad to have seen in the forum that others have highlighted similar issues/frustrations.

Game set-up:

The previous console versions (and the PC version) all have a better layout when setting up a new save. This year feels sightly clunky having to add each country individually through a list before picking the leagues (instead of having all playable nation's laid out on the screen separated by their continents so you could quickly click the ones you want). 

Matchday experience:

The main issues I have are with the matchday UI and overall matchday experience. This year feels like a step backwards in terms of immersion in both the overall game world and the match itself.

Some of the best FM experiences/stories come from seeing live scores come in from around your league, especially at the business end of the season. You could see your title rivals go behind so you quickly change tactics to go more attacking in your own game and push for a winner, or maybe you'll go more defensive to hold a draw which could keep you up after a fellow relegation battler has fallen behind. Now you can't see the goals come in and instead have to pause the game, open the tablet, scroll to live scores and look there. There are too many steps and it takes away from the immersion and I end up just waiting until after the game.

The introduction of the tablet could be really useful to enable players to see more in-depth analysis, formations but it should take away from being able to choose which information is being shown on screen like you can in the PC version and previous console versions. 

Assistant manager feedback:

This is another issue which I've seen others mention and feel it needs highlighting again/fixing.

The assistant manager feedback feels forced upon the player, it not only pauses the match but takes up the entire screen and can offer really odd advice. It worked well previously having it pop up in the corner where you can choose to ignore it, instead now you're forced to make a decision and it can be very annoying. 

20 minutes ago, emr1907 said:

game freezes most of the time,if i write a custom fee value on transfer offer screen.(ipad)

Click one of the drop down menus (like the one that selects when transfer happens; next window, end of season etc) and it unfreezes immediately.

17 minutes ago, Paddyposh said:

Is it possible to somehow transfer an Xbox save to the Apple Arcade version? So I can play the same save on both

As they are different retailers (Microsoft and Apple) I wouldn’t imagine so.

This is the first time I’ve bought for console and I’ve got to say that FM 23 console edition is my favourite FM version to date. No issues for me apart from there is no sound when it starts up in Quick Resume on the Xbox but I just force it to stop and load it up normally and it’s fine. Top marks. 

56 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Any news on an game update to the arcade version @Desmond Richardson just it has so many bugs and when people are paying nearly £50 for the year, it Kinda needs a bit more polish to it. It’s a great game but certain aspects like scouting needs to be addressed asap 

Yeah would love some communication on if it will be released together with the main game update or if its gonna be a separate one. Obv the ME changes are gonna drop at the same time as main game but all bug fixes should be able to drop at any point 

10 hours ago, Gerara said:

I am about to buy an ipad 9th generation (2021) just to play Football Manager Touch. I have read that some notice frame drops during the 3d match engine. Is that true ?

Anyone please ?

I want so bad to support the product and to be able to move 100% to FM Console or Arcade/Touch version but you guys are really making it so hard.

Games on Apple Devices except Mac come back and forth. If I go on & advance two weeks in-game (got monthly auto-save) the game will load my last saved game and lose progress of those weeks.

I can't save beyond 1,5/2 seasons on Console (XBOX and PC) unless I load less leagues what defeats the purpose.

These two issues are absolutely gamebreaking to deal with and are forcing me to play full fat FM.

I think you need to find a way to deal with these two ASAP.

On the matchday experience again

On 18/11/2022 at 00:16, JAR_94 said:

Matchday experience:

The main issues I have are with the matchday UI and overall matchday experience. This year feels like a step backwards in terms of immersion in both the overall game world and the match itself.

Some of the best FM experiences/stories come from seeing live scores come in from around your league, especially at the business end of the season. You could see your title rivals go behind so you quickly change tactics to go more attacking in your own game and push for a winner, or maybe you'll go more defensive to hold a draw which could keep you up after a fellow relegation battler has fallen behind. Now you can't see the goals come in and instead have to pause the game, open the tablet, scroll to live scores and look there. There are too many steps and it takes away from the immersion and I end up just waiting until after the game.

The introduction of the tablet could be really useful to enable players to see more in-depth analysis, formations but it should take away from being able to choose which information is being shown on screen like you can in the PC version and previous console versions. 

Just on matchday experience again for FM23 console edition, we have just realised that when tuning into a friend's live match you obviously don't have access to their touchline tablet so can't see their (or their opponent's) lineup. Again, this feels like a massive oversight and really ruins another level of network play / immersion. 

14 hours ago, Gerara said:

Anyone please ?

Go for it! You’ll find some things like that needs tuning but I’m sure they’ll sort it soon, it’s a good game just needs certain aspects to be fixed, it feels like a beta more than a official release game. Value for money still? absolutely given I must spent about 4 hours a night playing it. 😂😂

Edited by zakbrown96

Is it just me or is the Golden Ball kind of broken this year? Mo Salah won the quadruple with 42 goals, 23 assists and a 7.75 avg rating. Shoo-in for the award, right? Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

21-11-2022_05-24-49-poiwjizq.png.f8448c81ce391f0e8a3ee4f2caab647e.png

How did he not even finish top 3 after all that? Haaland coming 2nd with that underwhelming G/A and no trophies is especially bizarre. 

Edited by Dibil

On 19/11/2022 at 23:48, zakbrown96 said:

Any news on an game update to the arcade version @Desmond Richardson just it has so many bugs and when people are paying nearly £50 for the year, it Kinda needs a bit more polish to it. It’s a great game but certain aspects like scouting needs to be addressed asap 

I can assure you the development team are working hard to ensure we improve the overall experience for everyone across all our titles.

As a reminder, if you do spot something that doesn't look right or you find a bug, please post them in the Bug Tracker.

Apple Arcade version is bordering on becoming unplayable for a number of reasons:

- Can't holiday test tactics as AM changes tactic, line-up, roles etc, even if instructed not to (have reported this via the bug tracker)

- Recruitment focus doesn't work if you want scouting team to do it. They return a flurry of reports in the first 2-3 days, then nothing

- Player development doesn't seem to be happening (noted that someone else has reported this via bug tracker). I'm seeing little or no development in player attributes. When you look at the progress tracker in the development section, it looks sporadic to say the best, and shows quite a lot of my players deteriorating. I bought one player who was rated at 4 stars by my scouts, and started the season at 4* current rating for the role, he's played regularly but is now 2* rated for the role.

- If you leave training to the AM then you end up with players being trained in positions/roles that aren't even relevant for the tactic you're running. Not insurmountable as you can just set the training yourself but still frustrating.

- Board confidence reporting seems a little "off". Doesn't seem to change much (no matter what I do on transfers, it always seems to be rated C by board and fans. I've had occasions where the overall rating on the home screen is different to what you see when you go into the full board confidence screen, and once where I was on an unbeaten run of approx 15 games and the board only rated C on current results, with the comment that they were waiting for more games to have been played before making judgement - this was around 2/3 through a season.

- There seem to be A LOT of injuries. Am regularly getting 8-10 players out through injury, and struggling to fill a subs bench. At one stage in a Man City save I could only put 4 subs out (I think) because of the number of injuries.

- Can't seem to make changes to a tactic and save them from the game when playing on Mac. Fine when I play on my iPhone.

- Less of a game-breaker, but still frustrating is the inability to change database size.

I've been playing the game for many years now, so know what to expect, and what is usual, what is not etc, and have been getting all of the above in numerous saves I have tried so far since launch. It's very frustrating.

Edited by GJHowell

Last year I always played console on my iPad via Xbox cloud gaming. It allows for touch screen and makes the game accessible and easy to play. I loved console 22 and played it more than any FM for several years. The match looked good, the play was realistic (apart from the problem across all platforms with defending) and it was engrossing.

this year touch on iPhone has given even greater freedom of play and I can play a high quality football management game anywhere. Love that considering the various demands on my time.

but I’ve stopped playing console. Why would you when you can play an almost identical version which is already downloaded on your iPhone and iPad via arcade. 

console seems to have been stripped back. Why did SI do that? Why compromise analytical depth? Why make the in-match information less accessible? Why not make more powerful match graphics? It’s a bit disappointing to see the only changes are regressive. 

I get all versions of FM have to evolve slowly. I agree with that principle. This year on console it just seems there hasn’t be any at all. Rebranding defensive lines doesn’t count, ultimately I think non-pc versions are at the mercy of PC development plans, they can’t go ahead of the leader. I would ask console to be bolder next year. These are powerful machines - give us something different.

Recruitment focus seems terrible. I get no players back. Doesn't matter if I do it myself or leave it to scout 

And the biggest problem for me is the assistant manager not making subs in any game when you instant result a game. I don't always want to play every game but the no subs tires players and stops player development 

I’ve gone back to FM21 on iPad. The game is unplayable for me until they fix the lack of player development, and the incredibly annoying player search returning you to the top of the list each time you tap on a player to view. 

I find the lack of updates really poor from SI, these major issues were raised weeks ago and nothings changed. 

18 hours ago, Burty76 said:

I’ve gone back to FM21 on iPad. The game is unplayable for me until they fix the lack of player development, and the incredibly annoying player search returning you to the top of the list each time you tap on a player to view. 

I find the lack of updates really poor from SI, these major issues were raised weeks ago and nothings changed. 

Lack of player development?

7 hours ago, Burty76 said:

Young players technical stats don’t improve over time at all. @BuryBlade provided lots of screenshots showing this in the bugs forum

Wow thought this was an issue with the full mode beta and fixed at launch so assumed it’s be the same for touch mode 

2 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Wow thought this was an issue with the full mode beta and fixed at launch so assumed it’s be the same for touch mode 

Yes but when? The games been out for 3 weeks. We’re paying a subscription for a game that is unusable. What’s the point in starting a long term save if you can’t properly develop young players? (Not having a go at you btw, just massive frustration with SI)

11 hours ago, Burty76 said:

Young players technical stats don’t improve over time at all. @BuryBlade provided lots of screenshots showing this in the bugs forum

3 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Ran another test and posted in the updates thread. Seems marginally better than before but still seems broken. 

Tried two online saves with my friend now on Xbox edition, both times we have played for a considerable amount of time and then the game will not save and says “Error saving game” It says there is still a lot of available cloud space on the console to save the game. When clicking save game as as an alternative to save game, the game crashes and deletes the file. Any help is grateful.