Help! Save Setup - The Bumbling American Owner/GM

I'd like to roleplay as a bumbling American owner of a lower-league European club, brimming with cash and optimism (and lacking in knowhow). How would you go about setting this up?

AFAICT the best way to approximate playing as an "owner" is to delegate all managerial responsibilities to the assistant manager, who becomes the effective manager. I can use the in-game editor to bring in a reasonable candidate who shares my tactical philosophy and set his salary - this is to circumvent the quality gap between candidates who would consider being the manager at my club vs those willing to be the assistant manager. I can also make myself "un-sackable" with the in-game editor as protection for when the manager fails. 

But there are problems:

• I can't fully delegate tactics to the assistant manger, correct? How close can I get to this? What happens if I never set up a tactic?
  • I'd like to scout the USA heavily, but the board will surely block this until we've achieved "Global" scouting range - any way to fix this with the pre-game or in-game editor? I did not find a solution in FM22

Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I'd consider Wrexham except I'd really prefer to avoid work permits, which sound like an arbitrary and joyless slog to deal with and would probably prevent me from recruiting from the USA as much as I'd like. Germany is probably more fun.

Edited by mannyhams