Merging in PreGame Editor Conflict of Interest

RegenHairColour

Hi, super excited to get my save started and trying to update the 2 databases I use every year, I've run into serious issues rendering my save a non-starter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why has deleting all the awards in one database (the one with custom teams and players) overrides the database with only awards (nearly 3000 edited awards) and how do I merge them so that they behave? I have been up all night trying different formulas, including having the awards alphabetically higher than the player db but no such luck.

This is an absolute nightmare. Was so excited about playing with both them but now I’m left with the more important database having no functioning awards (not even the ballon d’or). 

If I start a save with only the awards it works fine (sans the ballon d'or) but as soon as I load them together or merge them or upload them both separately, I am left with the sore sight of a world without awards. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by RegenHairColour

like last year there was a bug whether intentional or on purpose made loading 2 separate player files impossible to work together (or messed up the ID system). for example a transfer update and my Japanese player update.

This seems to be an extension to this or just hasn;t been checked so far and should be logged for a fix.

now the best thing would be to load the players file in the editor and then add in the awards, but as you know it means if you wanna delete retires players or anything you would have to either undelete the changes made to custom players making it quite tedious. 

1 minute ago, RegenHairColour said:

That's such a shame @Robbles Quin ®™. I managed to have a separate awards db and this custom db simultaneously with FM22 and it worked perfectly, hardly any crashes well into the year 2062. 

I'm not totally clear on what you are suggesting. It would take a lifetime to remake all the players, staff and teams.

i.e for my japan database since there are half a million changes alone in the PGE, i have my players file split into 5-6 parts based on leagues and then merged them into one complete file before release. I then add in awards on top of the merged file meaning awards and players are in one file.

One option:

Try to vary the file order.

Right now they are loaded in alphabetical order, but rename them 1. <filename> and 2. <filnename>. That might help. Have to look deeper into the files to make sure I find another option.

This was the result of merging the files in the FM22 editor and porting them over to FM23.

As you can see, the awards appear to be there and in tact however when attempting to load a save, none of them exist. 

It’s baffling. I just want to start my save but I love awards.

Thanks for your help @RobblesQuin @Wolf_pd

JSBVISIONFM23!.fmf

Hehe, bonus for the Mozza references! :D okies mate, try this file.  I duplicated all of the awards in the editor and it seems to have done the trick, as the editor only deleted the initial awards when I merged the two files together.

My PC has gone a bit haywire at the mo with FM, so I've not been able to do much testing of it I'm afraid, but it looks promising.  Give it a shot anyway and good luck! :D

JSBFM23Regal.fmf

2 hours ago, MorrisseyMuse said:

Hehe, bonus for the Mozza references! :D okies mate, try this file.  I duplicated all of the awards in the editor and it seems to have done the trick, as the editor only deleted the initial awards when I merged the two files together.

My PC has gone a bit haywire at the mo with FM, so I've not been able to do much testing of it I'm afraid, but it looks promising.  Give it a shot anyway and good luck! :D

JSBFM23Regal.fmf 176.02 kB · 1 download

There is no one on earth you’re afraid of! Thank you, this didn’t quite work as imagined but certainly more awards than before. Glad I asked you asked you asked you @MorrisseyMuse