Way too many goals + defending is are broken

Just played my first 2 games after the full release, and have seen 15 goals in my first two games. I’ve watched many other people play and they also have far to many goals in their games.

main two issues are goalkeepers, with every highlight and 1v1 ending in a goal regardless of angle etc.

even worse is defending long balls. Defenders frequently run away from headers and allow attackers to turn them for a 1v1. They also cannot intercept anything even when they have a massive head start.

In fact, it's important if the game keeps a realistic ratio of shots on target / shots and goals scored / shots on target. Everything else is a matter of tactics. A very offensive play that also offers large defensive spaces will implicitly generate many goals scored ... and many goals conceded. Like in 1935 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1934–35_in_English_football

4 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Strikers are scoring more goals than usual but every other position is not! The goals need shared between other positions for a more balanced look at things.

Not seeing that at all - goals spread across front 4 in my 4-2-3-1 and many players on a single goal from midfield or defence.

image.png.88e40cf26c1068922cebb5203ff10b60.png

4 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Not seeing that at all - goals spread across front 4 in my 4-2-3-1 and many players on a single goal from midfield or defence.

image.png.88e40cf26c1068922cebb5203ff10b60.png

Your Sample size is off 5 games.....am talking when my striker has 35 goals in 23 games and every other player is lucky to have 5 goals.

Personally I'm seeing quite a spread of goals, stats for my last season, 4 players above 10 goals and 2 just below it.

1833703351_s2stats.thumb.png.61f75305460297b652633acdb2368704.png1489357584_s2stats2.thumb.png.25a903045fe578d3c334d7c95551a2a5.png 

Been keeping clean sheets for fun as well. But I do see the defenders running away from the ball leaving attackers 1v1 as the OP says, which is a little frustrating at times.

5 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Your Sample size is off 5 games.....am talking when my striker has 35 goals in 23 games and every other player is lucky to have 5 goals.

This is current save started since the full release.  Beta was no different in spread - same match engine.

Mine seem pretty fairly split. Paul Mullen is an Outlier here as he is OP in the Vanarama/League two, but even if you took his goals away so he was even with my 2nd top scorer, we would only have 5 less then the top team in the Division (League 2). Currently averaging 2.33 goals a game in the league, Mullen is reponsible for only 32% of those. My Attacking Midfielders another 19 goals and my other Striker, just 2. The Rest are Defenders and Subs.

Mullen:   18 Goals

3 Attacking Midfielders:  19 Goals between them

Midfield/Defenders: 19 Goals Between them

Edited by KillYourIdols

I agree that maybe the amount of goals may not look as bad if the representation of them through the match engine wasn’t so poor. My very first experience of the full release was a 5-5 and probably 8 of the goals were just completely avoidable through defending being ridiculous. Played a low block and low line yet got done so many times through long balls over the top or defenders not challenging at all despite being last man. Either that or not intercepting despite being 10 yards closer to the ball than an opposition attacker! 

14 minutes ago, Josh P said:

I agree that maybe the amount of goals may not look as bad if the representation of them through the match engine wasn’t so poor. My very first experience of the full release was a 5-5 and probably 8 of the goals were just completely avoidable through defending being ridiculous. Played a low block and low line yet got done so many times through long balls over the top or defenders not challenging at all despite being last man. Either that or not intercepting despite being 10 yards closer to the ball than an opposition attacker! 

Yeah, Agreed that the Animations do not give a good idea of what the Problem is, or at least there is a lack of options to show the same outcome multiple ways. If my Defender has bad Anticipation and poor speed/Acceleration, I expect  to have a long ball played over the top cause him issues, but the standing still is really not the way to show it, Show him getting done for pace, or taking a step forward and getting it wrong. Not standing there trying a standing tackle 5 yards away and making no effort to chase the striker down or hustle him off the ball.