FM23 Positives ONLY Please!

I have witnessed some negativity from our beloved Football Manager YouTube Content Creators of late and I would not presume to form an opinion on FM23 until I'd firstly been reliably informed by my own experience.

However, I do purchase every other edition of Football Manager; i.e. FM15, FM17, FM19, FM21 and now FM23, thus allowing me to give my first-impression of FM23 having almost drowned in my own attention to the minutiae haphazardly organised in FM21.

Thanks Sports Interactive. I'm so relieved that the franchise has rediscovered the balance that it always strives to achieve between FM's depth/detail and precision/performance which has led me to recapture the love that I could never lose, not to mention the exhilaration which precedes seeing far more sunrises in a calendar year than is truly healthy for a 40 year-old Dad.

I think buying it every odd-number years makes all the difference. I too skipped FM20 then FM22 and as a result didn't feel all the then negativity towards FM21 and now FM23. I can fully understand that FM23 is not much more than an upgrade on FM22, but if you never played that one and have progressed straight from FM21, the Match Engine feels reasonably well progressed, as is the step forward in implementing tactical instructions (set pieces aside). And that has always been the bread-and-butter of FM. The other 'new features' do feel underwhelming and mostly ignorable, but having skipped FM22, I can still mostly ignore them and enjoy the 'new' game.

Every opinion is welcome here, positive or negative, as long as it is constructive. Please keep feedback in the feedback thread though. SI monitor it actively, so it is worth keeping everything in there, otherwise it might be missed.  :thup:

3 positives :

1. Matches are more fun to watch. 
2. I don’t have to wait 14 days to renegotiate after a breakdown 
3. It’s cool that FM players get to experience the new Champions League format before anyone else. 

3 negatives:

1. Management of Set pieces has been ignored once again. 
2. International management has been ignored once again (a real shame for a WC year)   
3. Disappointing that the squad planner is not very user friendly. 

• HUNT3R locked this topic
  • Administrators

Just to be clear, the feedback thread already covers what this is doing. You can ask for 'positives only' but only within a few posts people are posting balanced opinions with both positive and negative comments. So that's why this was closed. 

Cheers.