Galatasaray Manager: Squad Building And Big Problem

Hi Everyone.

Just embarked on a Galatasaray career, and so far really liking it.

However, ive noticed something I overlooked, which is going to prove a problem.

Here is my first choice team, which I feel is well balanced and after pre season looks primed to perform:

1274601515_Screenshot2022-11-09at16_15_21.thumb.png.9cb2c6453200dd6abd36c3a1b274d33b.png

League rules state that in league games, you can only play a maximum of 8 foreign players.

Im already having to leave out my first choice keeper Muslera, and a more natural right sided player in Milot Rashica, to play Kerem on the right side (hes an inverted winger or inside forward on the left).

When it comes to matches too, when it comes to making substitutions, I can only put a foreign player on, i.e. Rashica, Bafetimbi Gomis, Midtsjo, Muslera, Mata, if im taking another foreign player off.

So I cant take a turkish player off for his foreign replacement, without taking a foreigner off at the same time and replacing him with a significantly weaker Turkish player.

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

What would you do about this moving forward, given the quality of player thats Turkish just isnt good enough for me to build a team that can challenge effectively in all comps?

Ive got basically no quality youth either.

Any suggestions?

6 saat önce, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

Hi Everyone.

Just embarked on a Galatasaray career, and so far really liking it.

However, ive noticed something I overlooked, which is going to prove a problem.

Here is my first choice team, which I feel is well balanced and after pre season looks primed to perform:

1274601515_Screenshot2022-11-09at16_15_21.thumb.png.9cb2c6453200dd6abd36c3a1b274d33b.png

League rules state that in league games, you can only play a maximum of 8 foreign players.

Im already having to leave out my first choice keeper Muslera, and a more natural right sided player in Milot Rashica, to play Kerem on the right side (hes an inverted winger or inside forward on the left).

When it comes to matches too, when it comes to making substitutions, I can only put a foreign player on, i.e. Rashica, Bafetimbi Gomis, Midtsjo, Muslera, Mata, if im taking another foreign player off.

So I cant take a turkish player off for his foreign replacement, without taking a foreigner off at the same time and replacing him with a significantly weaker Turkish player.

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

What would you do about this moving forward, given the quality of player thats Turkish just isnt good enough for me to build a team that can challenge effectively in all comps?

Ive got basically no quality youth either.

Any suggestions?

Hello dear frıend the moment that ı ve been waıtıng fooooor :) Galatasaray ıs my team ı support galatasaray.Turkısh league rules are unfortunately nıghtmare you have to play 3 turkısh players mınımum.We have the same problem ın real lıfe. My suggestıon ıs use left back emre or kazımcan so u added another turkısh player.Also kerem yunus abdulkerım and barış yılmaz can all play ın team also ıf u rotate berkan would play ın mıdfıeld(natıonal team manager used berkan as left back)the best thıng you can do whenever you got budget use for turkısh natıonal team players or hopefully regens.

Muslera ıs a must he ıs the best ın league for 10 years olıvera ıs great ın game ıcardı ıs a goal machıne ın thıs league nelsson ıs mr relıable duboıs ıs good midtsjo ıs good ı cant get much from torreıra mertens ıs also good.Yusuf ıs very talented but he counts as foreıgn player. ı sold gomıs and pva fırst transfer wındow wıthout lookıng fees.

At the end of season ıcardı and seferovic are  loanees mertens and mata has only 1 year contract also gomis.rashica is loanee also but ıf ı got budget ı buy hım because he can play as wınger not ınverted regular wınger so ı would buy hım.remember the rules so dont go to transfer market for foreıgn players cause u already have much.pay attentıon the other bıg teams players as they go unhappy and stuff you have beknaz(dont know the natıonalıty sıtuatıon)baran hamza eren from young team you can adapt them also

ı can answer any more of your questıons ı hope ı  can help 

The Big Problem/NIGHTMARE!!!! is what makes managing in Turkey so much fun!  You can sign a lot of foreign players, and playing 8 foreign players at a time is a LOT.  It does place premiums on making sure your foreign players arent "wasted" on average, or above average players and on supplementing your top foreign players with quality, or at least decent, Turkish players.  

In previous FMs I've played as Bursaspor, but I dont think I'm ambitious enough for a long term save to bring them up from TTF 2nd League (third flight) back up to Super Lig and try to challenge the big Istanbul clubs and Trabzonspor!

Its a really cool league/nation to play in.  Enough access to familiar players from Europe and South America, but having to learn a whole new football culture and player base.  

I also used to really enjoy Russian saves years ago which was also similar set up, a few foreign core players but mostly needing Russian players.  

Plus Cimbom is just such a cool club to play as.  

15 saat önce, DominicForza said:

The Big Problem/NIGHTMARE!!!! is what makes managing in Turkey so much fun!  You can sign a lot of foreign players, and playing 8 foreign players at a time is a LOT.  It does place premiums on making sure your foreign players arent "wasted" on average, or above average players and on supplementing your top foreign players with quality, or at least decent, Turkish players.  

In previous FMs I've played as Bursaspor, but I dont think I'm ambitious enough for a long term save to bring them up from TTF 2nd League (third flight) back up to Super Lig and try to challenge the big Istanbul clubs and Trabzonspor!

Its a really cool league/nation to play in.  Enough access to familiar players from Europe and South America, but having to learn a whole new football culture and player base.  

I also used to really enjoy Russian saves years ago which was also similar set up, a few foreign core players but mostly needing Russian players.  

Plus Cimbom is just such a cool club to play as.  

Bursaspor ıs great to create your own team wıth academy but as u saıd loooong run :) Galatasaray ıs very good no doubt just there ıs not much turkısh talent ın game most of players rated very low specıally technıcals and u get very very low offers.Bvb came for kerem and offered 7,5 mıllıon euros he ıs rated 14-17 now ın my save porto just came for loan 2,5 mıllıon euros otherwise GALATASARAY ıs very good :)