Low CB rating every game

Before I post my tactic etc, I wanted to understand whether my CBs constantly getting ratings of 6.6 or less is due to the current known issues with defending in the ME and whether others are suffering the same problem? 

I can keep a clean sheet, with the opposition having a relatively low xG but still get poor ratings. Watching extended highlights and there is no obvious errors from them so I'm wondering whether it's just happening during the rest of the game. 

Sometimes the known defensive issues are glaringly obvious and outrageously frustrating which clearly affect the rating but I can win 3-0 and both CBs have a low rating.

Have others seen the same thing?

Anyway, back to FM22 for the time being :) 

Thanks for the replies.

I've just won 2-0 away from home. Once of my CBs had second highest pass completion (93%) and won 85% (out of 21) aerial challenges and got a 6.8 rating. Just feels like it should be higher. 

@herne79 perhaps it's the midfield screen, as you say.

If this is how the ratings work, then won't this affect the development of good partnerships as my CBs will have low ratings therefore, in FM terms, they will have a poor partnership?

18 minutes ago, alanfishead said:

Thanks for the replies.

I've just won 2-0 away from home. Once of my CBs had second highest pass completion (93%) and won 85% (out of 21) aerial challenges and got a 6.8 rating. Just feels like it should be higher. 

@herne79 perhaps it's the midfield screen, as you say.

If this is how the ratings work, then won't this affect the development of good partnerships as my CBs will have low ratings therefore, in FM terms, they will have a poor partnership?

6.8 is a good game for a CB with a clean sheet. Unless you were defending the whole match, in that case he should have a higher rating.

I think 6.4 is a bad or low rating. When you want to fine a player for a bad game you can only do it if he had a 6.4.

Edited by bosque

I found this with DM's in FM22, if you're controlling games and not defending the DM would always be about 6.5 because was rarely involved in the press to retain the ball and my CB's were mopping up the long balls. I had to start playing an RP/DLP in the role to get the player artificially involved enough to not look like he'd underperformed.

I find, so far, in FM23 that CB's are similar - a faultless game in a clean sheet win is rarely over 6.8 despite 85-95% in passing and defensive contributions.

3 hours ago, VeniVV said:

This won't be fixed. Player ratings having any sense or consistency have never been a thing for FM unfortunately. For this version, it is the CBs turn to be underrated. It'll be another position next year. Hope this helps. 

If you have a problem with a current ME, which you think is a bug to be fixed then please take it up in the bugs forum. This is a wrong place for this. Its a tactics discussion forum, not a place for complaints.

Can't say i have that issue. Just checked and my Top 3 CBs (5 different ones) for the respective season had a 7+ league average in 10 of 12 cases (4 seasons) on a good Bundesliga team that finished 6tg, 5th and 3rd twice in the Bundesliga. Not overly inflated by goals either as only once one of them hit 5 goals (mostly 1-3, a couple less) as i use mixed set piece delivery.

I've noticed this somewhat. ~6.8s are routine, but I'd say every other game one of my CBs will register a 6.5 at best. I think one reason behind that for me anyway, is the fact I want to play out the back and my defenders don't have >18 first touch, technique & composure.