Recreating Soviet and Yugoslav Leagues

ocbeezilla

I wanted to create the Soviet and Yugoslav leagues in the editor, and modify the continental competitions so it works fine with these leagues. Is there any way I could do this? I was thinking of just using the preexisting Russian and Serbian league structures and modifying them but besides that I'm not sure how I'd deal with removing the other leagues(Ukrainian, Croatian etc) and modifying continental qualification.

Ideally, I also want to have the Soviet and Yugoslav national teams but that's really not necessary.

There's a guide somewhere about how to enable continent editing for countries, not sure where it is but find that and then you can set the USSR and Yugoslavia to Europe. That will automatically add them to continental competitions (IIRC European continentals are the only ones that update automatically to include extra nations). They'd also have the national teams automatically added to the WCQ. You'd need to edit the Nations League and Euro Quals to include them though.

As for removing the others, taking the leagues away shouldn't be an issue, again Europe automatically updates its club continental competitions. If you want to remove the national teams too you'd have to set their continent to None, and edit the Nations League/Euro Quals still. WCQ should update automatically again. If you just want to remove the leagues but still have separate national teams for them that should be possible too. I've activated Monaco as an international side without adding a league or clubs for them before and that worked fine.