Physios in-depth

I heard that "fitness" is an important attribute which the game doesn't highlight - but of course it makes sense.

But speaking of making sense, things like "motivating" and "discipline" etc. would be very important too for a real-life physio, maybe even people management.
Does anybody know if the game even takes such things into consideration somehow?

On the Physio note,
Does anybody know if physios are just there to give you accurate estimations about injury periods or do they actually shorten these periods when they have high attributes?
Also, my understanding is that they have nothing to do with "player fatigue" despite in real life they should - in FM this is completely covered by sports scientists?

Thanks!

Edited by Feron

• Feron changed the title to Physios in-depth

interesting, I didnt know that such a table existed.

but I am not so sure if they actually do something in the game (such as "judging staff ability" 2 for a physio?) But thanks, very interesting.

I am still not sure at all what a Physio actually does - the internet says different things wherever you go. Guide to FM for example says physios actively reduce injury times and the likelihood of getting injured whereas other pages like fminside say the Sports scientist reduces this likelihood but only by INFORMING the manager about the risks and fatigue etc. not by actually reducing the risk (?)

Would be great to know what which staff member actually does in the game.

Recruitment Analyst for example, what actually will change in my game if I have one with 10 or with 20?  I honestly dont know.

Edited by Feron

On 13/11/2022 at 10:25, fc.cadoni said:

Here the weighting of attributes for each staff in FM23 (according to Pre-Game Editor)

FM23_STAFF_WEIGHTING.thumb.png.75ceab1b025daac65e772ed97f1850b4.png

As you can see, Fitness has 2.0 in Sports Scientists. Not sure why Physios have Judging Staff Ability 2.0 in weighting as well. 

Presumably JSA and Negotiating in the Physio column apply for the role of Head Physio?

43 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I wouldn't hang too much value at that weighing table, because level of discipline is 0 for every role, while we know it's important for coaches.. 

Was thinking this, you need about the blend of Determination, Discipline and Motivation to be pretty good normally. Has this changed?

On 13/11/2022 at 04:05, Feron said:

On the Physio note,
Does anybody know if physios are just there to give you accurate estimations about injury periods or do they actually shorten these periods when they have high attributes?
Also, my understanding is that they have nothing to do with "player fatigue" despite in real life they should - in FM this is completely covered by sports scientists?

Thanks!

Physios with high physio attributes will shorten the length of injuries. You will notice it right away actually as soon as you improve your physio staff. Sports Scientists are responsible for the conditioning of your player. The better SS you have then the less fatigued your players will be.