List of iPads that will run fm23 touch

• Fm23s changed the title to List of iPads that will run fm23 touch
1 hour ago, KUBI said:

No, it‘s 5 leagues for all and you can play it on any of the new iPads and it runs also on older ones like the original iPad Pro. 

Ok. What is the oldest iPad it will run on? I’m looking for the cheapest option. Does the amount of GB on the iPad matter? Thanks

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Fm23s:

Ok. What is the oldest iPad it will run on? I’m looking for the cheapest option. Does the amount of GB on the iPad matter? Thanks

It needs OS 13 at least. Check which iPads runs with os 13,14 at least. The amount of GB is not very important, but of course it uses about 2 GB. 

• SI Staff

The lowest spec iPad supported is the Air 2, I wouldn't really recommend it though as its quite slow these days. I have a mini 4 2019 as well and the game runs quite a bit faster on it.

On 14/11/2022 at 00:24, EdL said:

The lowest spec iPad supported is the Air 2, I wouldn't really recommend it though as its quite slow these days. I have a mini 4 as well and the game runs quite a bit faster on it.

I wish I’d have read this before buying an iPad air 2 lol I went of the advice above as it’s ios15+. Your right it’s half a star game speed. How’s the iPad mini 4?

On 14/11/2022 at 00:24, EdL said:

The lowest spec iPad supported is the Air 2, I wouldn't really recommend it though as its quite slow these days. I have a mini 4 as well and the game runs quite a bit faster on it.

Will an iPad sixth generation run it better than the mini 4? I like to load five nations from the 3rd tier of that nation upwards. What’s your game speed on the mini4?

Edited by Fm23s

• SI Staff

sorry realised its not a mini 4, its a Mini 2019 which makes quite a difference :D Mini 4 will be very similar to the Air 2

A 6th gen iPad looks like its somewhere between the air2 and mini 2019 in terms of performance

32 minutes ago, EdL said:

sorry realised its not a mini 4, its a Mini 2019 which makes quite a difference :D Mini 4 will be very similar to the Air 2

A 6th gen iPad looks like its somewhere between the air2 and mini 2019 in terms of performance

What iPad do you think I should go for if i’m looking to load 5 nations?
Eng - 5 divisions
Fra - 3 divisions
Ger - 3 divisions 
Ita - 3 divisions
Spa - 3 divisions
I’ve never had an iPad so I’m pretty much clueless about the requirements, lol. Cheers!

• SI Staff

I don't really have an answer to that other than that probably something better than an air 2 (or anything with A8 generation CPU)

I don't have experience with A9-11 CPU (mini 2019 is A12) to say the performance there I'm afraid, but you can infer each generation will be faster likely you can find general benchmarks online which might give an idea of relative performance.

56 minutes ago, EdL said:

I don't really have an answer to that other than that probably something better than an air 2 (or anything with A8 generation CPU)

I don't have experience with A9-11 CPU (mini 2019 is A12) to say the performance there I'm afraid, but you can infer each generation will be faster likely you can find general benchmarks online which might give an idea of relative performance.

From what I’ve read then, the iPad 8th generation is also A12, the same as the mini 19.

Could you do the initial save setup with the following leagues whenever you get time and let me know the game speed by any chance? It could save me buying and returning another iPad, lol. I understand if you don’t have time haha, I’ll just have to take a chance.

1) England - 4 divisions
France - 3 divisions
Germany - 3 divisions
Italy - 3 divisions
Spain - 3 divisions

2) All the same, but change Italy and Spain to 2 divisions in the hope of gaining an extra half star? 

Someone has said that it’s probable that only an iPad Air pro would run this type of save which would suck as there really expensive. Only way to find out would be if somebody ran tests

• SI Staff

I very much doubt I'll have time I'm afraid, but I'm pretty confident it will run fine on an A12

I wouldn't worry much about stars, its how the game actually runs and how slow/fast you consider good enough

18 saat önce, EdL said:

I very much doubt I'll have time I'm afraid, but I'm pretty confident it will run fine on an A12

I wouldn't worry much about stars, its how the game actually runs and how slow/fast you consider good enough

Just bought an Ipad 9 for only playing Fm 2023.I updated the system to latest version and disabled all the services/backround apps etc to free the cpu/ram usage.(A13 cpu 3gb ram).

When a match starts,it seems smooth at first.After a few seconds i notice fps drops.It seems like it starts as 60fps,then drops to 30fps. (only the player movements in matches,not the interface).

*I generally play with Key Highlights & the speed is at the middle between normal-fastest.

Can you look into it please?Maybe we can get an update for the performance.

Or is there a quick fix for this? (Maybe a game file editing,to lower the graphics quality value from high to medium)

Edited by emr1907

On 16/11/2022 at 01:42, Fm23s said:

Someone has said that it’s probable that only an iPad Air pro would run this type of save which would suck as there really expensive. Only way to find out would be if somebody ran tests

You don't really need the pro to run FM. I'd say any ipad in the last few years has more than enough horsepower to run the game. 

If you are a value focused customer, try to acquire the ipad via the apple refurbishment store on their website, it's a good bit cheaper. The smart money would be to try and acquire the ipad air with the m1 chip, normally the refurbishment is about 20% cheaper.

On 16/11/2022 at 13:52, emr1907 said:

Just bought an Ipad 9 for only playing Fm 2023.I updated the system to latest version and disabled all the services/backround apps etc to free the cpu/ram usage.(A13 cpu 3gb ram).

When a match starts,it seems smooth at first.After a few seconds i notice fps drops.It seems like it starts as 60fps,then drops to 30fps. (only the player movements in matches,not the interface).

*I generally play with Key Highlights & the speed is at the middle between normal-fastest.

Can you look into it please?Maybe we can get an update for the performance.

Or is there a quick fix for this? (Maybe a game file editing,to lower the graphics quality value from high to medium)

I am about to buy an ipad 9th generation (2021) just to play Football Manager Touch. Do you still notice  frame drops during the  match? Could someone from SI confirm that it has been tested and it is ok ?

On 20.11.2022 at 01:50, Gerara said:

I am about to buy an ipad 9th generation (2021) just to play Football Manager Touch. Do you still notice  frame drops during the  match? Could someone from SI confirm that it has been tested and it is ok ?

Yes,i still notice fps drops.Tried everything but nothing fixed it.