How are you finding ''sit back'' football on the ME?

As a lover of clean sheets and underdogs, I know for the past few years there's been huge outcries of pressing being overpowered and defensive football being struggled to implement.

I was wondering how people were finding the alternate tactics and set-ups this year? 

Are you having success with defensive, deep football? Joy with structured, low blocks with low pressing? Sitting back, soaking and smash 'n; grabbing greatness? Or are people still finding this hard to implement?

still conceed more than I like, although still trying to see what works. 

So far I find against big teams if fails, the pressure is too much and you just give away too much control. I've had a lot of clean sheets vs smaller /similar teams to me though.

It's good this year. In previous iterations of FM you really had to set up attacking, with gegenpressing to get anywhere - no longer. With the right players of course, a sit deep, low block, patient approach can be successful, and you can score plenty goals. Rashidi/BustTheNetGaming did a video on it on YouTube recently.

45 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's good this year. In previous iterations of FM you really had to set up attacking, with gegenpressing to get anywhere - no longer. With the right players of course, a sit deep, low block, patient approach can be successful, and you can score plenty goals. Rashidi/BustTheNetGaming did a video on it on YouTube recently.

I agree. We finally have a good balance this year when it comes to defensive tactics.

Good to hear, but sadly even after watching Rashidi's vids on FM23... with 3 CBs and a low block I'm still seeing ball over the top/through ball again and again as my defenders stand and stare :D

It doesn't matter the quality of the opposition or the player making the pass, it's pin point and destroys my back line

Edited by Domoboy23