"..... is no longer a weakness in his game" (feedback on individual training is still broken)

let's say I tell my ball-playing defender with passing 11 or 12 to improve his passing skill.

Then after a very short while my staff will tell me to stop that individual training because passing isn't a weakness in his game, even though most of his other key attributes are much stronger.
(remark:  I made sure my staff has decent skill so they should be able to make that judgement)

aside from that it isn't true, who said that individual training is only for weaknesses? Why is it not allowed to improve key-attributes, like crossing for a WB who has crossing 11?

Another example is that players constantly complain about individual training - not just because they are too lazy - they say it is not beneficial.
A:   how can they know this after a couple weeks?  But yet they are unhappy.
B:   this whole system doesn't feel good because when you get such a message later after a couple months, you are torn - for example when this attribute is absolutely crucial for the player role. and I found that so often times the players were wrong - but then ... who knows again:  maybe the small progress just came through normal training and the individual training indeed is not beneficial?  My point is, we are not actually watching the training, we are just playing a game. And the system as it is right now just doesnt feel good!

Edited by Feron