Changed FM22 editor data file to FM23, when loading into FM23, I get the error "Warning: Rule group has empty discipline rules"

TroubleMan

I opened an  editor data file in the FM23 PGE.  It was made in FM22 PGE.  I tested the rules and saved it.  When I load it into the game I get this error:

image.png

It pops up three times.  I hit okay three times, and the game loads and runs with no problem.  There are three custom leagues, so having the error pop up three times makes it seem like the discipline rules are not set for those leagues.

So, I went into the editor and checked to see if there were discipline rules for those leagues.  There is. 

It's not game breaking, because the league still runs fine with no errors, but it would be nice not to have the error pop up.  Does anybody know how to fix it?  Thank you.

Edited by TroubleMan

On 14/11/2022 at 03:15, TroubleMan said:

I opened an  editor data file in the FM23 PGE.  It was made in FM22 PGE.  I tested the rules and saved it.  When I load it into the game I get this error:

image.png

It pops up three times.  I hit okay three times, and the game loads and runs with no problem.  There are three custom leagues, so having the error pop up three times makes it seem like the discipline rules are not set for those leagues.

So, I went into the editor and checked to see if there were discipline rules for those leagues.  There is. 

It's not game breaking, because the league still runs fine with no errors, but it would be nice not to have the error pop up.  Does anybody know how to fix it?  Thank you.

Does it help to remove the discipline rules and remake them?

On 18/11/2022 at 07:58, Wolf_pd said:

Does it help to remove the discipline rules and remake them?

I tried that, and I still get the same error.  I think I know why, however.  In the original in FM22, I started advanced, made some changes, and then went back to basic rules.  Despite what the warning says, it still retains all of the changes you made in advanced rules, or at least it did on FM21 and FM22.  This is now on FM23 and I've left it on basic rules.  I'm going to try switching to advanced, redoing all of them, and then see what happens.  I'll post it here if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a known bug and they're working on it, but I wouldn't expect a fix too soon, unfortunately.

I have started making my database new from scratch.

Sometimes this seems to come up when the reserve team doesn't get deleted before moving a club apparently, but going back to fix than on an existing, elaborate database (without even knowing if it will work for you) is a lot of work.

EDIT: That said, the error message you get is slightly different from the one I/most people on here have gotten. I didn't have the "configthreadlocale(0)", so perhaps the issue is a different one for you.

Edited by MRC