(Solved) Gibraltar league (from SI) not appearing in game?

(Edit: removed Official from thread title so it didn't look like i was impersonating SI)

(Solved: I'm an idiot; you have to select the fmf files you want included in your database using the drop down (before selecting leagues). In my defense, I skipped FM22 so it's been a while since I've done this)

Wasn't sure on best place to post this, but after subscribing to the Gibraltar league in the Steam workshop, the official Gibraltar league does not appear in the add/remove leagues area.

I verified the fmf file downloaded and FM23 moved a copy of the fmf to the editor data directory under my user profile, yet it does not appear in the league list. I feel like there is something obvious I am missing here but I don't see anything on the workshop item listing additional requirements for the league to appear.

Edited by woolymuffler

14 minutes ago, woolymuffler said:

Wasn't sure on best place to post this, but after subscribing to the Gibraltar league in the Steam workshop, the official Gibraltar league does not appear in the add/remove leagues area.

I verified the fmf file downloaded and FM23 moved a copy of the fmf to the editor data directory under my user profile, yet it does not appear in the league list. I feel like there is something obvious I am missing here but I don't see anything on the workshop item listing additional requirements for the league to appear.

I got extremely confused when I tried to download a subscribed league add-on from Steam a few days ago. It automatically gets downloaded to a place you don't expect.

C:\Users\HP\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data

I copied it from there to where the default editor data file is - C:\Users\HP\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023

I have no idea why they have to be so confusing.

Huh, I thought editor data is where the files are supposed to be. It's certainly where the other fmf files I've gotten from the workshop are located.

The fmf is initially downloaded to a subfolder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1904540. 

Then when FM23 is started the fmf file is moved to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data and (usually) appears in the game. But Gibraltar (and quite a few other custom leagues) are not appearing in game. I assumed the other ones were mistakes by the uploader, but I would have thought a custom league done by SI themselves would work. 

EditorDataFolder.JPG

IngameLeagues.JPG

Edited by woolymuffler

• woolymuffler changed the title to (Solved) Gibraltar league (from SI) not appearing in game?