I figured out why my squad planner keeps resetting (***psst... it's an intended feature)

In my opinion, it's a huge design flaw, but your squad planner is tied to your tactic. If you clear a tactic slot, which I often do for various reasons, the squad planner that was tied to that tactic will also clear. 

The squad planner fails as a feature because of this. It misses the mark. The planner should be independently separate from your tactic slot. I should be able to delete a tactic without my planner getting deleted. 

I'm not even sure most people that used external spreadsheets had different sheets for different tactics. I would wager that most people has a single team sheet with their favorite formation and they fill in from there

9 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

In my opinion, it's a huge design flaw, but your squad planner is tied to your tactic. If you clear a tactic slot, which I often do for various reasons, the squad planner that was tied to that tactic will also clear. 

The squad planner fails as a feature because of this. It misses the mark. The planner should be independently separate from your tactic slot. I should be able to delete a tactic without my planner getting deleted. 

I'm not even sure most people that used external spreadsheets had different sheets for different tactics. I would wager that most people has a single team sheet with their favorite formation and they fill in from there

Is that the reason? I thought it cleared when I asked my assman for his ideas. Either way, I can't be bothered with it. Maybe next year.

25 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

How do you use it? I mean i got the hangs of it but what practical use did you found for using the squad planner?

4 ore fa, Pearomaniac ha scritto:

How do you use it? I mean i got the hangs of it but what practical use did you found for using the squad planner?

None.

i plan my squad in the squad view, selecting my ideal first eleven and substitutes, and change match by match with the “next match only” feature. Also do the same for youth squads as i micromanage them them except actual matches, so i will never find a use for the planner of the two things don’t become integrated (and still, i prefer my whole squad lined up instead of divided by position)