FM23 - Created a Club in the Editor, but players generated way below league standard

Connor

Hi All

I am using the editor for the first time to create a club, so apologies first off if I am missing something very obvious. Process itself has worked which is great but in my tests, I am super struggling with how uncompetitive the team are 

For context I am adding a team to the conference south, but literally the best player generated and seen as 5 star current ability is not even at conference south level (comes up as being only of regional division standard)

I have also added a reputation which matched one of the teams in the league, albeit it was the lowest one.

I suppose my questions are:

1) What can I do/change to effect the quality of the starting squad, in order that it is around a mid table team in the Conference South and generates equivalent quality players of that level in the editor

2) Is there anything else I should be doing around the game setup differently

Appreciate any help in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you'd create players in the editor, one thing you could do is set their CAs and PAs to a Conference South level, and fill in the role for autofill (it's a pretty easy setting to find). That way you don't have to fill in all their stats yourself. I will admit I've only ever toyed with this and never tried to make an entire team so it may take some trial and error