Mentoring. Better selection list.

StormenDK

Hello there skinning people.

I finally managed to finish something I was trying to mod. Since I never really found any skins that improved the list for selecting players for mentoring groups I made this for myself.

I always feel like much more info is needed to set up the groups as well as possible. So I tried to find all the info I would need to make my selections:

I have added the following data:

- Media Handling style

- Determination

- Hierarchy

- Social Group

- Nationality/Inf (not sure they are needed for anything, but I left them in there)

image.png.1c8d2e279cd02fc1a893334ac58e9f53.png

team training mentoring add player.xml

The file can be used in pretty much any skin, as far as I have seen. Someone better than me can probably improve it even more. 

The panel should be put in panels\team folder.

Feel free to use, modify, or ignore totally.

17 minutes ago, StormenDK said:

Hello there skinning people.

I finally managed to finish something I was trying to mod. Since I never really found any skins that improved the list for selecting players for mentoring groups I made this for myself.

I always feel like much more info is needed to set up the groups as well as possible. So I tried to find all the info I would need to make my selections:

I have added the following data:

- Media Handling style

- Determination

- Hierarchy

- Social Group

- Nationality/Inf (not sure they are needed for anything, but I left them in there)

image.png.1c8d2e279cd02fc1a893334ac58e9f53.png

team training mentoring add player.xml 2.42 kB · 1 download

The file can be used in pretty much any skin, as far as I have seen. Someone better than me can probably improve it even more. 

The panel should be put in panels\team folder.

Feel free to use, modify, or ignore totally.

Nice work and you're welcome on the little help i could be of help

1 minuto atrás, StormenDK disse:

Anyone know how I change the opacity on the panel? - it looks a bit weird when it displays on top of existing mentoring groups.

@keysi Thanks for the feedback :)

I had the same issue, managed to fix it by replacing line #5 with this:

<container class="main_box" appearance="boxes/popup/standard/paper" red_replacement="bg">

Thanks for sharing the idea and panel, @StormenDK.

@keysi, would you mind sharing the "training rate" ID, please? I couldnt find it anywhere.

7 minutes ago, lugui said:

<container class="main_box" appearance="boxes/popup/standard/paper" red_replacement="bg">

@keysi, would you mind sharing the "training rate" ID, please? I couldnt find it anywhere.

Ptrt

5 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thank you .. that fixed it :)

Anyone know how to make Media Handling Style column resize to show everything? - Can I somehow force it?

I tried to expand the box, but when I do, it just adds extra space behind Hierarchy and Social Groups.

image.png.30238eceba2fb1c799bfc527e0ef9be2.png

4 minutes ago, lugui said:

<!--training rating-->
<flags id="Ptrt" />

But the main point was to activate it in the person properties ;)

Just now, StormenDK said:

Thank you .. that fixed it :)

Anyone know how to make Media Handling Style column resize to show everything? - Can I somehow force it?

I tried to expand the box, but when I do, it just adds extra space behind Hierarchy and Social Groups.

image.png.30238eceba2fb1c799bfc527e0ef9be2.png

i'm fiddeling with it myself atm and mine keeps resetting when i click outside the box and go back in

Ok, new challenge for me :)

I want to add the info from the selection box (team training mentoring add player) to the group overview (team training mentoring item)

But that panel doesn't seem to be as easy to mod, as it doesn't use the flag IDs, but some translationIds that I don't have any idea where to find.

<!-- player list -->
    <widget class="table" id="tbCN" layout="-2,-3,-3,30,-2,-2,-2, 20" select_event="desc" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="2" row_height="28">
      <list id="headings">
        <record alignment="left,centre_y">
          <translation id="text" translation_id="229689" type="use" value="Name" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447635" type="use" value="Hierarchy[COMMENT: The column name representing the Player Hierarchy details of the person]" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447592" type="use" value="Social Groups[COMMENT: Team Dynamics: Social Groups within the squad]" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="229407" type="use" value="Age" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="468960" type="use" value="Estimated Influence On Group[COMMENT: Training Mentoring: Estimated Effect of presence in mentoring group header]" />
        </record> 
				<translation id="text" translation_id="509205" type="use" value="Estimated Effect From Group[COMMENT: AREA: Training; SUB-AREA: Mentoring Groups; FR-BN: 29949; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: n/a; NOTE: Training Mentoring: Estimated Effect of the group on the player's mental attribute development]" />
			</record>
      </list>
    </widget>

I would like to add the following columns to the widget:

- Position (always useful to know)

- Media Handling Style

- Determination attribute

- CA/PA stars (not sure why. I just like seeing those)

4 minutes ago, StormenDK said:

I want to add the info from the selection box (team training mentoring add player) to the group overview (team training mentoring item)

But that panel doesn't seem to be as easy to mod, as it doesn't use the flag IDs, but some translationIds that I don't have any idea where to find.

<!-- player list -->
    <widget class="table" id="tbCN" layout="-2,-3,-3,30,-2,-2,-2, 20" select_event="desc" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="2" row_height="28">
      <list id="headings">
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447635" type="use" value="Hierarchy[COMMENT: The column name representing the Player Hierarchy details of the person]" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447592" type="use" value="Social Groups[COMMENT: Team Dynamics: Social Groups within the squad]" />
        </record>
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="468960" type="use" value="Estimated Influence On Group[COMMENT: Training Mentoring: Estimated Effect of presence in mentoring group header]" />
        </record> 
				<translation id="text" translation_id="509205" type="use" value="Estimated Effect From Group[COMMENT: AREA: Training; SUB-AREA: Mentoring Groups; FR-BN: 29949; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: n/a; NOTE: Training Mentoring: Estimated Effect of the group on the player's mental attribute development]" />
			</record>
      </list>
    </widget>

- Media Handling Style

Try person properties

and how did you manage to avoid it from resetting when leaving the add player ?

24 minutos atrás, keysi disse:

<!--training rating-->
<flags id="Ptrt" />

But the main point was to activate it in the person properties ;)

Thank you! Exactly what I was missing. Funny thing, searched all over person properties and couldnt find it, maybe my tired eyes already.

23 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

i'm fiddeling with it myself atm and mine keeps resetting when i click outside the box and go back in

Me too. What I've done so far and it kinda stopped doing that:

Created a custom view within the game, by moving around the columns I like to use; saved/exported the view (right click on the columns, as you would do anywhere within the game in order to edit a view).

Dont know why, but it kinda "tammed" the game from resetting it all the time.

This is what I have know, happy and all set with the outcome. I'd love to be better at handling the spaces around the columns, as well as to use only the icons for the morale, but I dont know how to and i'm affraid I will spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to figure it out now :lol:

image.png.9060325f45be0c61971304126861cc3f.png

team training mentoring add player.xml

Edited by lugui

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Try person properties

and how did you manage to avoid it from resetting when leaving the add player ?

I didn't :D .... I just didn't bother with it. For me only Media Handling style doesn't fully show. But I can guess what they are since there aren't that many possibilities.

Is the column behaviour determined by this part of the Widget class parameters: column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views" ?

Just now, StormenDK said:

I didn't :D .... I just didn't bother with it. For me only Media Handling style doesn't fully show. But I can guess what they are since there aren't that many possibilities.

Is the column behaviour determined by this part of the Widget class parameters: column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views" ?

column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views"

is what makes you able to move stuff.

i added that to the default file to try if that would help to prevent stuff resetting.

but thanks for your info.

@lugui - it's not a bad shout, but it shoud be possible within the code 

i'll just fiddle some more with it and see what i can find

6 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thank you! Exactly what I was missing. Funny thing, searched all over person properties and couldnt find it, maybe my tired eyes already.

Created a custom view within the game, by moving around the columns I like to use; saved/exported the view (right click on the columns, as you would do anywhere within the game in order to edit a view).

This is what I have know, happy and all set with the outcome:

team training mentoring add player.xml 2.84 kB · 0 downloads

How does the two Estimated columns work in the panel? - Aren't they determined by which group a player is added to and who else is in them? 

2 minutos atrás, StormenDK disse:

How does the two Estimated columns work in the panel? - Aren't they determined by which group a player is added to and who else is in them? 

It was exactly what I was thinking and wanted to test, when I thought of inserting them in the file.

I noticed that both do not change as you create mentoring groups and insert the respective players: the players maintain both traits as displayed on the custom panel.

Which, in a way, makes me wonder if they wouldn't already come with these traits by "default", giving us a preview of how they could contribute (or affect) before inserting them in a certain group.

I hope it makes sense, I want to test if over time something changes.

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views"

is what makes you able to move stuff.

I have no idea :) ... I stole the whole panel from somewhere and started adding the extra columns. I have very little idea about what all the other parameters actually do :)

5 minutes ago, StormenDK said:

I have no idea :) ... I stole the whole panel from somewhere and started adding the extra columns. I have very little idea about what all the other parameters actually do :)

ahh okay, well you could just have added that to the default file and you would have the same result as with your own file :)

Edit: but who cares, what you did works just as good :D

Edited by snowofman

11 hours ago, snowofman said:

ahh okay, well you could just have added that to the default file and you would have the same result as with your own file :)

Edit: but who cares, what you did works just as good :D

I had no clue what I was doing in the beginning, and probably just took the panel from whatever skin I was using at the time :) ... I don't think that I knew enough to find the default skin, extract it and modify it :D

17 hours ago, StormenDK said:

<!-- player list -->
      <list id="headings">
        </record>
        </record>
        </record>
        </record>
        </record>
        </record> 
			</record>
      </list>
    </widget>

- Media Handling Style

Ok, I tied to move these values around, and adding new with TranslationID from the Person Properties file :)

But it only changes the header. The actual values do not change. So the Player list widget is only the headers. I don't really see anywhere where I can change the content for each player in the list:

image.thumb.png.67629e4f991a3883a73e7c773ce185de.png

There are only four panel files for mentoring, and none of them seem to contain the information for each player. At least as far as I can understand.

Here is the widget after I changed it:

<!-- player list -->
      <list id="headings">
        </record>
        </record>
        </record>
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="227803" type="use" value="Determination" />
        </record>
        </record>
          <translation id="text" translation_id="291327" type="use" value="Media Handling" />
        </record>
        </record> 
			</record>
      </list>
    </widget>

Edited by StormenDK

On 15/11/2022 at 21:34, lugui said:

This is what I have know, happy and all set with the outcome. I'd love to be better at handling the spaces around the columns, as well as to use only the icons for the morale, but I dont know how to and i'm affraid I will spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to figure it out now :lol:

team training mentoring add player.xml 2.84 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks for this! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2022 at 21:10, StormenDK said:

you need to change "flags" to "record" then you can add stuff like width & alignment

<flags id="Pghm"/>

<record id="Pghm" width="120" alingment="left,centre_y"/>

same for the other columns