Problems editing Portuguese Leagues

pwwildfrog

I'm creating randomised leagues for the main leagues in Europe using a random number generator and assigning clubs to divisions on that basis. This has been fine until I got to editing the Portuguese Leagues. My randomising of leagues had Porto in Liga 3 and Sporting CP in Liga 2. In the editor everything looked fine. When I turn the game on and check that it's working properly, Porto and Sporting CP are in both the division I have put them in and the top division, despite having been removed from the top division and replaced by other teams. I went back into the editor and everything looked how I had intended to be. I went back into the game and the problem was still there. Can someonehelp me please?

• 4 weeks later...

I've encountered that problem as well when making a database for someone (only to then find that they don't need it because they were fine with using it the way it is), so I'm currently looking into it.

At first I thought it was due to the rule set for the Portuguese League that specifically states to draw the winner and runner-up of the previous season. But when I added the specification of "Nation = Portuguese" while assigning different nations to Porto & Sporting, that didn't fix it, and neither did removing those rules. The easy solution would probably be to change the winner & runner up of the previous season to different clubs (and just to be safe also change the clubs last position -actually I tested that, changing the clubs last position under "competition" doesn't seem to matter; still, better be safe and just change it so it lines up with the other information) and sacrificing that bit of accuracy in the records to fix the issue.

I did that for a file and changed the the league information regarding 2022. I switched Porto with Vitoria Guimares and Sporting with Estoril Praia (somehow those were the first two supposed to remain in the league that came to mind. If you want, I'll leave you with that file so you can just merge it with your own. If not, the takeaway is to set the winner & runner-up to teams you want to remain in that league.

Edited by MRC

1 hour ago, MRC said:

At first I thought it was due to the rule set for the Portuguese League that specifically states to draw the winner and runner-up of the previous season.

In that case couldn't you solve it by just removing that part from the Primeira Liga rules?