Player exploring options at end of contract

Daws88

Has anyone had any luck with re-signing players who say they'll be exploring their options with a year left on contract? I don't remember this being so common in FM22, it's a nice feature as it's a huge part in football now...

Is it worth selling the asset (Zaniolo) for maximum, which would be £60m, or see if he will renew in November/early Dec? 

5 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Has anyone had any luck with re-signing players who say they'll be exploring their options with a year left on contract? I don't remember this being so common in FM22, it's a nice feature as it's a huge part in football now...

Is it worth selling the asset (Zaniolo) for maximum, which would be £60m, or see if he will renew in November/early Dec? 

I've not had much experience of trying to get players to renew that have declared they want to explore their options. The ones I have had say that I've not been interested in renewing contracts with. However I have seen a couple of examples of players saying they will explore their options, but then accept offers from the club they are at all. 2 of those were insistent on a release clause.

15 hours ago, turgi said:

Had the same problem with Zielinski and now Politano.

I think the main lesson in this is, try to tie them down 2 years before the contracts expire. These types of players will always do this, to try to join an elite team. 

On 20/11/2022 at 01:10, michael_hughes said:

I’ve actually had a fair bit on luck so far with this but you’re not able to get a new contact signed until like the last 6 weeks or so before it would expire.  I was managing in Denmark right enough, so not sure how it would be in a bigger league.

i want to believe this, hopefully i can test it at the end of this season. but I dont have much faith in SI atm

I understand that you announce it a year in advance, maybe at the end of the season before your last year. But 18 months in advance? Its too much.

We're on course for our best finish ever. "hey gaff, there is absolutly no interest in me, but im gonna kick up a fuzz just because"

On 24/11/2022 at 18:30, eXistenZ said:

i want to believe this, hopefully i can test it at the end of this season. but I dont have much faith in SI atm

I understand that you announce it a year in advance, maybe at the end of the season before your last year. But 18 months in advance? Its too much.

We're on course for our best finish ever. "hey gaff, there is absolutly no interest in me, but im gonna kick up a fuzz just because"

Can’t say I’ve ever seen it that much in advance.  Normally it’s in the last year at most, normally before the last 6 months but rarely afterwards.  Lol they do need to fix it, I’m sure that’s not a realistic thing, it seems to happen with all players.

25 minutes ago, michael_hughes said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen it that much in advance.  Normally it’s in the last year at most, normally before the last 6 months but rarely afterwards.  Lol they do need to fix it, I’m sure that’s not a realistic thing, it seems to happen with all players.

its actually worse than that. 3 days earlier he asked me for more playtime, to which I agreed, and  I also played him in the first game that followed.

Still decided to let me know 18 months in advance he wont extend...

8 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

its actually worse than that. 3 days earlier he asked me for more playtime, to which I agreed, and  I also played him in the first game that followed.

Still decided to let me know 18 months in advance he wont extend...

The interaction with players is a bit weird lol.  GK asked for more playtime and there was 3 games to go before the Serbian winter break, played him in the 3 games but still failed the promise lol