Left side match panel - size

snowofman

Hey Guys

i've been trying to change che size of the left match panel ( where you click on the scoreboard to show or hide )

i can change the witdh of the panel inside, but for the life of me i can't see to locate where the width of the container itself is

maybe some of you guys know and wanna share?

i've been looking in "Match in between highlights panel" 

Thanks

On 16/11/2022 at 17:31, snowofman said:

Hey Guys

i've been trying to change che size of the left match panel ( where you click on the scoreboard to show or hide )

i can change the witdh of the panel inside, but for the life of me i can't see to locate where the width of the container itself is

maybe some of you guys know and wanna share?

i've been looking in "Match in between highlights panel" 

Thanks

I'm pretty certain it is that panel, although I'm not at home to check right now.  I thought there was a fixed width for the notable events panel that can be adjusted, but if not it might need some tweaking to some of the test_screen_size_attachment ranges.  From what I remember, a lot of the parameters there are used to define the gaps in between panels and edges of the screen, so that might be the way forward.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

I'm pretty certain it is that panel, although I'm not at home to check right now.  I thought there was a fixed width for the notable events panel that can be adjusted, but if not it might need some tweaking to some of the test_screen_size_attachment ranges.  From what I remember, a lot of the parameters there are used to define the gaps in between panels and edges of the screen, so that might be the way forward.

Thanks for you input, i'll take a look again and see if i can sort it... else i'll have to shelve it for now

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Thanks for you input, i'll take a look again and see if i can sort it... else i'll have to shelve it for now

i've been trying to fiddle with a laptop version and now my left panel does this. 

i've tried changing my rolution to 1366x768 and here it looks fine, but a bud of mine sees it this way. 

does anyone have any idea's

Note to self: never say yes to make a laptop skin when you don't have a laptop and can test stuff as you change things :( 

half.png

My personal opinion is to delete this notable events panel for the low resolution laptop and use the full width touchline tablet slot. I did the same in FM22 for the low resolution version of my skin and it worked without an issue. It was based on the match screens relased by Michael here on the forum.

1 hour ago, keysi said:

My personal opinion is to delete this notable events panel for the low resolution laptop and use the full width touchline tablet slot. I did the same in FM22 for the low resolution version of my skin and it worked without an issue. It was based on the match screens relased by Michael here on the forum.

thats not a bad shout tbh.. didnt think of that

Isn't this one ? from the match in between highlights panel.xml 

<container width="342">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
				<container id="NEvp">
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" />

<container class="main_transparent_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/timeline stats/paper" red_replacement="bg">
						<animation class="scale_animation" start_value="1, 0" end_value="1, 1" duration="0.3" delay="1.4" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_target" centre_point="top" />
						<animation class="scale_animation" start_value="1, 0" end_value="1, 1" duration="0.3" delay="0.2" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_target" centre_point="top" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" />
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<attachment class="match_ball_fade_attachment"/>

<widget class="match_notable_events_panel">

<animation class="fade_animation" start_value="0" end_value="1" duration="0.5" delay="1.6" end_mode="hold_end" />
							<animation class="fade_animation" start_value="0" end_value="1" duration="0.5" delay="0.4" end_mode="hold_end" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_start="false" trigger_end="true" />

<record id="object_property">
								<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
								<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
							</record>
						</widget>

</container>

<widget class="spacer" height="47" />
				</container>

</container>

56 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Isn't this one ? from the match in between highlights panel.xml 

<container width="342">
				<container id="NEvp">
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" />

<container class="main_transparent_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/timeline stats/paper" red_replacement="bg">
						<animation class="scale_animation" start_value="1, 0" end_value="1, 1" duration="0.3" delay="1.4" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_target" centre_point="top" />
						<animation class="scale_animation" start_value="1, 0" end_value="1, 1" duration="0.3" delay="0.2" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_target" centre_point="top" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" />

<attachment class="match_ball_fade_attachment"/>

<widget class="match_notable_events_panel">

<animation class="fade_animation" start_value="0" end_value="1" duration="0.5" delay="1.6" end_mode="hold_end" />
							<animation class="fade_animation" start_value="0" end_value="1" duration="0.5" delay="0.4" end_mode="hold_end" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_start="false" trigger_end="true" />

<record id="object_property">
								<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
								<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
							</record>
						</widget>

</container>

<widget class="spacer" height="47" />
				</container>

</container>

the width="342" control the panels inside the left box.

i hoped it would be that easy. but i've tried on a few ppl's laptop and it seems to be a issue with "small" laptops.

i can only set my resolution to 1366x768 and see how things work, but it's not 100% accurate compared to a laptop

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

the width="342" control the panels inside the left box.

i hoped it would be that easy. but i've tried on a few ppl's laptop and it seems to be a issue with "small" laptops.

i can only set my resolution to 1366x768 and see how things work, but it's not 100% accurate compared to a laptop

Increase the zoom in game and increase the windows app&text size. These 2 together will decrease the number of pixels of your game screen, even if you've selected 1366x768. 

Then when the tablet and dugout panels will have their size computed -in match in between highlights panel ( via checking screen width and height ) - will fall in other category. 

Maybe you will have some results.

Also, if I remember correctly the tablet and the dugout are established first and the left panel - notable events is drawn in the space left. Maybe I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Increase the zoom in game and increase the windows app&text size. These 2 together will decrease the number of pixels of your game screen, even if you've selected 1366x768. 

Then when the tablet and dugout panels will have their size computed -in match in between highlights panel ( via checking screen width and height ) - will fall in other category. 

Maybe you will have some results.

Also, if I remember correctly the tablet and the dugout are established first and the left panel - notable events is drawn in the space left. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the input, i'll give it a go and if all fails. I'll probably just use the tablet like Keysi Suggested