[FM23.4] 40 team World Cup

@rusty217 for the 2022 World Cup did you move that to a 'normal' summer date june/july?

as I am about to finish my projects by trying to move the WC from the november dates as I dont want to have a break mid season for a World Cup and I want it to be playable not just edit the history

cheers

4 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

@rusty217 for the 2022 World Cup did you move that to a 'normal' summer date june/july?

as I am about to finish my projects by trying to move the WC from the november dates as I dont want to have a break mid season for a World Cup and I want it to be playable not just edit the history

cheers

Nope. I left the 2022 one unchanged.

You probably could move it, you'd need to pick an early start date though, otherwise it'd already be over by the time you start your save.

• 3 weeks later...

hey could you please tell me how to change the format to 48 team 12 group of 4 as it has been confirmed by fifa? i'm stuck at setting the 8 3rd-placed teams qualify for the round of 32, but i'm not sure if i have done anything correctly in the first place either. the editor is so complex and there is hardly any text in it is any instructive. Also if u could please tell me how to change the max squad size of the international competitions from 23 to 26. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • rusty217 changed the title to [FM23.4] 40 team World Cup
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/02/2023 at 01:02, rusty217 said:

Basically an internal identifier so I know which version of the file it is. I often do it to influence file loading order too.

Generally, no letter = not finished, v = database changes only, x = able to release publicly and z = final version for my game. Sometimes x and z will be the same, other times I change things just for me, eg. removing the managers at clubs I want to take over etc.

Specifically for the WC file the z version just adds russia, Kazakhstan and Israel to Asia. A change I know some people may not want, especially the russia part, hence it's not included in the publicly released version. The removal of the 2022 WC was added to that version too, again because I wanted it in my save. Oh and IIRC I increased the number of qualifying places for Asia in my version, due to being biased.

Edit: The z version in action on my current save with Israel (group 2), Kazakhstan (group 5) and russia (group 6):

20230208150213_1.thumb.jpg.937726a3a26f4cbdb15a991fc18307b2.jpg

The 5th team in russia's group is Bangladesh, a fair bit easier than their usual European qualifying groups!

So which of the files allow Russia to be in the UEFA competitions (Euros/World Cup)? Because all of the x files just exclude Russia instead.

8 hours ago, donbalonofficial said:

So which of the files allow Russia to be in the UEFA competitions (Euros/World Cup)? Because all of the x files just exclude Russia instead.

None. I never made any changes from the default setup (ie. Russia not being involved in internationals). I only changed them to Asia for my own version because that's what I wanted in my own save. Plus, that was a super easy change. Just change the continent and everything else is automatic. To add them to European competitions requires re-working the Nations League.