Newcastle

Billy0810

How’s anyone getting on with a Newcastle save. Can imagine that they’re a popular choice this year with the team they’ve got and the money (obviously)!! 
Just started season 3 now, got a very different squad from the one that I started with. 
finished 4th in both the first two seasons with an FA cup win in season 2 and a run to the Champions League final. 

Now in season 3, changed to a 3 atb formation as you can see after playing 433 for the first two seasons and it seems to be working really well. Bellingham has started amazing  as a Mezzala attack. 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. 

Made some great signings, Kim min Jae been a beast at the back and some of the usual wonderkids as well. Waiting to sign Kvratskhelia but Napoli want nearly £300 million for him.

Just wondering how everyone has got on with their Newcastle saves and any signings etc. Happy to show any screenshots etc 

4CB94A31-8A45-4D5B-988C-E8C07047AD2E.jpeg

7C26F65B-049A-4736-B267-D6F80A5D9F97.jpeg

F10775FC-9FF9-4260-97E7-F9B07EF09A9F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've setup a save but i'm doing a plymouth right now.

Done all transfers and staff so everything is set up to start the season.

Trasfers:  Archie Gray - Emre Tezgel - Ben Doak - Charlie Setford - Giorgio Scalvini - Bart Verbruggen - Shola Shoretire

Tyler Morton - Charlie Patino - Angelo - Andreas Schjelderup.

I always buy players that don't have an imediate impact but they will in a few years.Some of the wonderkids list and some i find with extensive scouting -21 and -18.

I always use my own tactics 4-3-3 with 1DM and 2 wingers,always had good succes with it like now with Plymouth 2 promotions in a row,starting in the premier league now.

Always a positive mentality, short passing, play out off defence, if talented players play more expressive etc...

15 hours ago, valliant68 said:

I've setup a save but i'm doing a plymouth right now.

Done all transfers and staff so everything is set up to start the season.

Trasfers:  Archie Gray - Emre Tezgel - Ben Doak - Charlie Setford - Giorgio Scalvini - Bart Verbruggen - Shola Shoretire

Tyler Morton - Charlie Patino - Angelo - Andreas Schjelderup.

I always buy players that don't have an imediate impact but they will in a few years.Some of the wonderkids list and some i find with extensive scouting -21 and -18.

I always use my own tactics 4-3-3 with 1DM and 2 wingers,always had good succes with it like now with Plymouth 2 promotions in a row,starting in the premier league now.

Always a positive mentality, short passing, play out off defence, if talented players play more expressive etc...

Make sense to post on your playmouth save at newcastle theard

Read my post before making a comment.

My post is about Newcastle, setup everything transfers and staff and then saved it to begin in a few weeks time.

If you look at the transfers you would now that Plymouth could never get those players.

I was just let Billy0810 now what i did with the first transfer window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now at the start of the 4th season.

Season 1 - finished 3rd

Season 2 - finished 1st

Season 3 - finished 2nd, 1 point behind Liverpool. Won the FA Cup but lost in the Carabao Cup & Champions League finals.

My team is currently:

Diogo Costa, Justin Bijlow, Freddie Woodman

Pedro Porro, Max Aarons, Jean-Clair Todibo, Antonio Silva, Joško Gvardiol, Eric Garcia, Nuno Mendes, Theo Hernandez

Bruno Guimaraes, Joelinton, Jude Bellingham, Aurélien Tchouameni, Dominik Szoboslai, Jamal Musiala, Nicolas Gonzalez, Kvicha Kvaratshkelia, Allan Saint-Maximin

Alexander Isak, Endrick, Victor Osihmen

Some of the players I had previously were Theatre, Merino, Marcus Edwards, Ivan Toney & Manu Kone.

Theo Hernandez, Musiala & Garcia are recent signings and I can fit one more CM/ST into the squad taking into account CL registration.

Edited by jlawlor91

How are people dealing with qualifying for Europe in the first season? Home grown players wise i mean 

I flogged Matty Longstaff so had Sean Longstaff, Elliot Anderson but didn't want to use him as he is a free one as he is U21 so only had one. We have ruined our academy lately as clearly the last regime never considered european football an option and i am sure this one is probably thinking it could happen quicker than planned

Signed Tim Krul back as 3rd choice keeper for £1.5m as he is home grown for us (Could see that happening in real life if we qualify this year)

I have a couple of players who will get there eventually that i signed myself but wondered what others have done, The in game academy needs time to bring things through