Segundo Volante and Inverted Wingback

Hey guys

During the beta I was experimenting with a 4-4-2, with a Segundo Volante bombing forward and and Inverted Wingback plugging the hole behind him. Results were somewhat mixed, until I noticed in the tooltips that IWBs don't invert as well when the formation has two DMCs, which put an end to that experiment.

This is more or less what I wanted to achieve while in possession, any tips on how to get there?

You have lots of options to approximate that shape. First instinct would be a 4-4-2 with IWB(s) for the DL and FB(d) for the DR. You can then give your right-sided MC a CM(d) or DLP(d) type of role while giving your left-sided MC a CM(a), AP(s), or BBM(s) role. The more general roles also have stay wider/sit narrower instructions if you find you need to adjust their width.

hace 13 horas, Angus Osborne dijo:

I have no idea if it will be functional, but make the left DMC an MC who goes forward instead, a Mezzala might be an interesting option.

Thanks, that's kind of like what I'm doing now in the serious save: an asymmetric 4-1-4-1 with the MC as a Box to Box.

hace 9 horas, Overmars dijo:

You have lots of options to approximate that shape. First instinct would be a 4-4-2 with IWB(s) for the DL and FB(d) for the DR. You can then give your right-sided MC a CM(d) or DLP(d) type of role while giving your left-sided MC a CM(a), AP(s), or BBM(s) role. The more general roles also have stay wider/sit narrower instructions if you find you need to adjust their width.

Wouldn't that leave a big gap between defence and midfield in the current Match Engine?