English Players/Signings Only

B80

Hi all,

Not particularly realistic I guess, but I'm toying with the idea of doing Bilbao type save for my team Afc Bournemouth. Which may mean I'm only allowed to sign English only players, although my widen that to the other British/UK nations. So I have my eye on youngsters like Edwards, delay, soonsup bell and a few at Norwich and Bristol City.

Concern is, that 5 to 10 years in, will there may not be a decent enough pool of regens available to keep me somewhat, competitive... as in cl position finishes (hopefully). 

Let me know what you think and if there are any potential issues/concerns I need to consider. Only thing I can think of is regen issue, has haven't really paid close attention to nationalities in previous games.

Cheers

Edited by B80

10 minutes ago, B80 said:

Hi all,

Not particularly realistic I guess, but I'm toying with the idea of doing Bilbao type save for my team Afc Bournemouth. Which may mean I'm only allowed to sign English only players, although my widen that to the other British/UK nations. So I have my eye on youngsters like Edwards, delay, soonsup bell and a few at Norwich and Bristol City.

Concern is, that 5 to 10 years in, will there may not be a decent enough pool of regens available to keep me somewhat, competitive... as in cl position finishes (hopefully). 

Let me know what you think and if there are any potential issues/concerns I need to consider. Only thing I can think of is regen issue, has haven't really paid close attention to nationalities in previous games.

Cheers

It's not unrealistic really, in that it just requires a chairman or board to decide on such a policy. You can even use the pre-game editor to code it into your save.

There are some issues some people have identified with regens further down the line, but hopefully SI will fix those in a future patch. There are threads down here discussing the issue.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's not unrealistic really, in that it just requires a chairman or board to decide on such a policy. You can even use the pre-game editor to code it into your save.

There are some issues some people have identified with regens further down the line, but hopefully SI will fix those in a future patch. There are threads down here discussing the issue.

Cheers ill take a look.

Looking forward to doing something like this. Temptation to raid Salzburg and the usual/same great value overseas players from previous versions and regen South americans sometimes too much to ignore... self control I know, but implementing something like this would make the game more Intersting and probably enjoyable to me. 

Like yiu say, it was the boards decision...

24 minutes ago, B80 said:

Cheers ill take a look.

Looking forward to doing something like this. Temptation to raid Salzburg and the usual/same great value overseas players from previous versions and regen South americans sometimes too much to ignore... self control I know, but implementing something like this would make the game more Intersting and probably enjoyable to me. 

Like yiu say, it was the boards decision...

I find player recruitment makes the game a bit too easy, given that the AI managers can't match your abilities in the transfer market or squad building. It's much more 'fun' to set your own boundaries - it creates a unique narrative in your mind as you play the save. I'm doing an 'Academy Intake' save where I can only use players that come through my club's academy.