It's all ok

I'm in my second season with Lazio, these are the results from January 2024.

These results make no sense, the calendar make no sense with 6 consecutive home games and 7 consecutive away games.

It's not possible that for one period i win all the games and for another period i lose all the games again EVERYONE.

It's not a tactical problem otherwise i wouldn't have won the previous matches by dominating.

There is no game with more scripts than this one.

7_55.png

That’s the best: I often think I got it and win six games in a row and then one result turns it into a losing streak. You call it challenge. Then I need to tweak the tactic and evolve. That’s the fun in playing the game. Everything else is EA sports …

Having six consecutive home games and then 7 away games is indeed weird.  However, I think it is this that is making the run of form look worse than it is.  In the winning run your small number of away games against relatively poor opposition are wins, but when the quality of opposition steps up in this run you drew (Fiorentina) or lost (Samp) with the exception being Inter right at the start.  You also had a run of home wins against decent but not top opposition (again exception being Roma).  Whereas for your losing away run the average standard of the opposition was much higher, you lost away to top opposition in Inter and Napoli, not unreasonable for Lazio, and then lost badly to Udinese whom you had only narrowly beaten at home.  The poor run of results may have contributed to a loss of morale/confidence which led to the narrow defeat to Bologna.  You then get a decent away point to Milan and a narrow defeat to Sassuolo.

To me this suggests you have a small flaw in your tactic that teams playing more aggressively at home manage to exploit better than teams playing away coupled with a weird calendar contributing to poor morale which exacerbated this problem. as you had a run of away games where you fell victim.  I doubt a big change is needed in your tactic as it is at least reasonably successful clearly, just a small tweak for away matches.

4 ore fa, WhyMe ha scritto:

Having six consecutive home games and then 7 away games is indeed weird.  However, I think it is this that is making the run of form look worse than it is.  In the winning run your small number of away games against relatively poor opposition are wins, but when the quality of opposition steps up in this run you drew (Fiorentina) or lost (Samp) with the exception being Inter right at the start.  You also had a run of home wins against decent but not top opposition (again exception being Roma).  Whereas for your losing away run the average standard of the opposition was much higher, you lost away to top opposition in Inter and Napoli, not unreasonable for Lazio, and then lost badly to Udinese whom you had only narrowly beaten at home.  The poor run of results may have contributed to a loss of morale/confidence which led to the narrow defeat to Bologna.  You then get a decent away point to Milan and a narrow defeat to Sassuolo.

To me this suggests you have a small flaw in your tactic that teams playing more aggressively at home manage to exploit better than teams playing away coupled with a weird calendar contributing to poor morale which exacerbated this problem. as you had a run of away games where you fell victim.  I doubt a big change is needed in your tactic as it is at least reasonably successful clearly, just a small tweak for away matches.

This is a great answer and you are right.

All those losses have demoralized all the players and winning again is very difficult.

This is my tactic, i have few team settings but many individual settings.

Away i could play tighter and on the counterattack but i don't know how much it will change.

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

I am afraid I don't know Italian so I can't give much advice.  The thing that leaps out though is your lack of a DM which depending on the rest of your settings could be the culprit for away games as the opposition may be exploiting the space between your midfield and defence.  That is just a guess though as it would depend on the rest of your settings a bit.

Again guessing based on the position of the sliders, but it looks like you are playing a direct wide high tempo game already which could suit hitting more aggressive home teams on the break, were you creating chances in your away games?  My guess looking at that formation and sliders would be that your problem is more defensive than attacking, but as I can't read the instructions I can't be sure.  Maybe someone who does read Italian can give you better advice.

Edited by WhyMe
typo