Part Time training - how to stop players attributes from declining

850c671fefc74014ac09beb51cc323d7.png

So I'm one season into a save with a part time club and this (picture above) is how my 24 year old star player and most of my squad, even youngsters, have been developing (backwards). Should also note that this player had a pretty decent season with a good average rating. 

So in general, how would I go about setting up part time training to avoid these kinds of results? Has anyone had a similar experience as me where most players decline even though they perform well, and what did you do about it? :)

Edited by LeoFM

8 hours ago, LeoFM said:

where most players decline even though they perform well

Are they actually declining? Usually, those down arrows signify minor (decimal point) drops, say from 11.4 to 11.3 (in the case of Technique in your screenshot). From week-to-week or month-to-month those kinds of 'declines' are normal and may be no more than physical tiredness having an effect. The only way to judge the issue is to compare highs and lows from season to season.

If you get genuine drops, say from 13 to 11, then you might have a problem. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Are they actually declining? Usually, those down arrows signify minor (decimal point) drops, say from 11.4 to 11.3 (in the case of Technique in your screenshot). From week-to-week or month-to-month those kinds of 'declines' are normal and may be no more than physical tiredness having an effect. The only way to judge the issue is to compare highs and lows from season to season.

If you get genuine drops, say from 13 to 11, then you might have a problem. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Yeah there are some quite significant drops, especially in the technical attributes. I've had players drop 2 attribute points in areas like crossing, finishing and passing over 1.5 seasons. Cannot seem to be able to develop my young players. (I know it is much harder to develop youth in part time clubs but surely if they perform well on the pitch their development would reflect that?)

EDIT: I had a look at all my players development summary in the last 1.5 seasons, and not a single player has had even a slight increase in their technical attributes. There was only three players that actually had a green summary and that was in physical attributes. I have 18 players under the age of 24.

Edited by LeoFM

1 hour ago, LeoFM said:

not a single player has had even a slight increase in their technical attributes

I seem to remember that being raised as a bug during beta. I thought SI had addressed it, but it might be one of the things waiting for the next update.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

I seem to remember that being raised as a bug during beta. I thought SI had addressed it, but it might be one of the things waiting for the next update.

Hold up. Am I screaming at my players every week due to a bu9? The poor bu99ers  :sega: