What do you do to make your players stay?

Playing a team in the swedish top division which has'nt the worlds top reputation. Some of my talented players wants to leave when there are bids on them, and some not. I guess it's alot about their hidden personalities loyalty and ambition etc.

What do you do to keep them? 

• I have started to have only loyal personality heads of youth development.
  • Long contracts with +3 year extension clause
  • If they want to leave I dont force them to stay anymore. I hope to keep a good relation with the player + agent so there's a small chance they will come back one day. Most transfers becomes a very good deal anyway as they are sometimes sold for 5-10x what I bought them for.
  • Trying to persuade them when they want to leave.

But what else do you do to keep them at your club? 

Edited by Dreambuilder

I usually sell them, as when managing a smaller club, the money coming in is usually worth it and I may find someone better. I actively start looking for someone better right away. The money may also help me in better squad building too.

I never offer them out, but I'll accept a request to leave. Still, I won't accept bids that I don't deem to be worth it, though I'm never unrealistic and I'm willing to negotiate.

If I really want them to stay, then I don't offer them out and I don't accept their request to leave. I carry on playing them and I'm hoping that success on the field and the time that lapses will eventually calm them down to the point where I can offer them a new contract. If the board intervenes then I surrender and just argue their value with whoever tries to get them, so I can get as much as I think they can afford to separate with.

I think the best is to sell them and invest the money in new players that you will eventually also sell. That said, if you are in the same club +5 years and you are successful, you can keep almost any player with no much trouble. Even if they get sad for a few months, they'll come back on track unless the personality is very bad or too ambitious, and if their team mates complain, you can also calm them down if they like you enough quite easily.

Agree with the above. Usually sell on my best players when bigger clubs come in. Pointless keeping an unhappy player at the club, it can be annoying but its part and parcel of the game. If you become successful you can keep them longer. Always look to invest in the future, use the money you get to improve the team.