[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

On the Nation Overview, if a skin has the following code:

<!--country-->
                                <widget class="picture" id="flag" height="60" transparency="0.9" image_alignment="middle" scale_picture="true">
                                <animation class="slide_in_right_animation" duration="0.5" tween="ease_out" high_priority="true" />
                                        <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true"/>
                                        <record id="object_property">
                                        <integer id="get_property" value="flag"/>
                                    </record>
                                </widget>

Is it possible to change it so it displays the nation logo as opposed to the nation flag? I am assuming that it would involve changing the id and value I have highlighted in bold?

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/569838-fm23-skin-tato23/?do=findComment&comment=13874095

someone posted about this on Tato skin thread hope this helps 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/01/2023 at 15:14, bluestillidie00 said:

yeah it'll use what's in panels.fmf. 

Easier way to explain it, it loads the base skin, then if you have a custom skin loaded it loads that over the top

Thanks for the help on this btw

Managed to edit the season preview screen to show more information - i've got a widescreen monitor

Now looks like this :brock:

20230125112216_1.jpg

i copied the club files from the panel folder and the relevant graphics that went with it from the wts skin  and it looked how it should but the next time i went to the club screen it looked like this, any help? did i overwrite something somehow

1407272204_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.483f591559dd74f370e78b4652552eca.png

How I can prevent tablet widgets change randomly in every match? i have to change everytime to have what I want. For ex I set match momentum in one  but next time there is something else where i set match momentum

Edited by The Reaper

Em 23/01/2023 em 17:04, the_hoyle disse:

Does anyone know how the stop the kits and the faces on the tactics screen from re-sizing when you change the formation?

When I use a 5-2-3 formation, they go smaller (like below)

image.png.2fce9ea919a23ffa3b7007915085c696.png

However, when I change to a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 (like below), they go larger and the kits and faces overlap and it looks more clumsy.

image.png.2aa8486375dba0b13535a936aa164e16.png

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am also looking for this solution, if you can share, please and thank you!

6 hours ago, TheKopDiamond said:

i copied the club files from the panel folder and the relevant graphics that went with it from the wts skin  and it looked how it should but the next time i went to the club screen it looked like this, any help? did i overwrite something somehow

1407272204_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.483f591559dd74f370e78b4652552eca.png

You could be missing a container class or a custom colour. I am guessing container classes.

11 hours ago, lugui said:

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am also looking for this solution, if you can share, please and thank you!

I never got a reply, but I have noticed that the tactics layout in the WTS skin is slightly different to the Tato skin I use in terms of the kit/faces sizing, so I am going to try and compare the two files and see what is different 

1 hour ago, the_hoyle said:

I never got a reply, but I have noticed that the tactics layout in the WTS skin is slightly different to the Tato skin I use in terms of the kit/faces sizing, so I am going to try and compare the two files and see what is different 

check the tactics icon info panel match.xml

has anyone had any problems since the update the other day? im using the Base skin with a few tweaks from Tato's skin but after the update, every time i start the game up the main match panel is blank and i have to load another skin then load my one back up to get it working as it should. have tried clearing cache etc, but it keeps happening :confused:

16 hours ago, The Reaper said:

How I can prevent tablet widgets change randomly in every match? i have to change everytime to have what I want. For ex I set match momentum in one  but next time there is something else where i set match momentum

There should be a preference in the games settings for overriding game panels I believe you uncheck it 

22 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

Sorry, should have been "tactics icon info panel overview.xml" :( 
but not quite sure what the issue can be. 

Yeah, I was about to also mention that panel, felt it was the one.

I was thinking on what exactly to look for (or compare) there. Cuz I feel that this issue brought up by @the_hoyle is linked somehow to the space/height defined for this container, which is usually fixed. If you set a value, you only have that threshold to work with. For example: when I try to increase the size of my faces (playing on 85% zoom and resolution 1366 x 768), I never succeed without them cutting a little off the sides or ruining the kits I use behind them. It's like I if I had only X amount of space to use and that's it.

But when you move the players across the tactics pitch, it kind of "frees up" that space more, so the faces increase in size or decrease according to the movement.

I could be wrong, though, and I hope I am, so I can understand it for once. :lol:

Edited by lugui

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

Sorry, should have been " tactics icon info panel overview.xml " :( 
but not quite sure what the issue can be. 

So it is something in the tactics icon info panel overview.xml. I swapped the one in the WTS skin with the one in the Tato skin and the kits looked much more smaller, well spaced with no overlapping.4 

I need to do a full comparison of the two, but I think it down to their allocated space on the tactics screen in some settings like @lugui said.

Edited by the_hoyle

Does anyone know how to remove the training sections from the game processing panel? Currently using the WTS skin v1.2. 

I assume it's in the 'game processing panel.xml' file but not sure what to amend/remove?!

calendar.png.2315df550308a61c022a174a26fb8080.png

Just now, Ryan377 said:

it's in the 'game processing panel.xml'

in general yes, this is here. but this contain only link to training shedule
you need to remove

<!-- Training calender-->
		<widget class="table" id="TraT" layout="-1"  mode="fill_rows" height="86" row_spacing="2" hidden="true">
			<boolean id="auto_size_rows" value="true"/>
			<string id="fixed_size_rows" value="false"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="2"/>
			<!-- Filled in code -->
		</widget>

in processing calendar day panel.xml

but in my subjective opinion it makes this panel much less beautiful

Edited by Olas Nick

Guys, I tried to integrate my logo like in the previous version, but it didn't work. can you tell me what?

score.png.ed18081a6e63e2a82136c0aa343d0f7d.png

match score area panel.xml

<!-- Competition icon -->
                    <widget class="object_portrait_picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre" width="100">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
                    <list id="value_list">
                    <record value="109201" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/eng/109201"/>
                    </list>

</widget>

graphics\pictures\logos\normal\comps\eng

109201.png.c8a89b8d63185849537d131939a72740.png321347254_109201-2.png.65ef011c34f32d95769c7cdc59fa2b80.png

38 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Any of you know what is this font?

spacer.png

Tried to do this literally last week! the font, in game, was called Futuristic but not sure if that’s a real name or what. I was unable to find anything with a 10 minute google!

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

Any of you know what is this font?

spacer.png

There's an app called WhatTheFont... it's free, easy to use and most importantly works. Just need to capture the font with your camera.

Edited by Loda

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

Will ask again but with video evidence this time, any ideas why I can't see my 3d highlights?

Looks like an overlay issue. I would start by asking what have you done in the client_object_browser... I would take it out of your skin temporarily and see if it's back to normal. If it is, retrace what you've done and/or compare to the base client_object_browser to identify changes and what's amiss. 

These are good troubleshooting strategies in general. 

11 hours ago, Loda said:

Looks like an overlay issue. I would start by asking what have you done in the client_object_browser... I would take it out of your skin temporarily and see if it's back to normal. If it is, retrace what you've done and/or compare to the base client_object_browser to identify changes and what's amiss. 

These are good troubleshooting strategies in general. 

Cheers , I worked it out last night , I had an overlay over the top. Forgot to delete the post. Thank you for the reply.

Ok, I think I need to do something to one of the tabs, My team list and opponent report are showing at the same time. Possibly some sort of background or overlay or something to the team list as the opponent report shows fine on its own. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

image.png.506fa9408fc0fc0ea642182f51a62b8e.png

25 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, I think I need to do something to one of the tabs, My team list and opponent report are showing at the same time. Possibly some sort of background or overlay or something to the team list as the opponent report shows fine on its own. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

image.png.506fa9408fc0fc0ea642182f51a62b8e.png

That usually happens when the “close container” code is in the wrong spot which makes both container content overlap each other.

Make sure you edit the xml and move one of the “close container” (or maybe two depending on how the coding looks) from the end of the xml to where the end of the first container with contents is.

Hope that makes sense, for non skinners likely not much 😂 

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

That usually happens when the “close container” code is in the wrong spot which makes both container content overlap each other.

Make sure you edit the xml and move one of the “close container” (or maybe two depending on how the coding looks) from the end of the xml to where the end of the first container with contents is.

Hope that makes sense, for non skinners likely not much 😂 

Yeah, I know where to look and what to look for now. Thanks.

Sorted, Thanks!

image.png.5894f35d781e3fa3875055fbac9841a3.png

Edited by EnigMattic1

27 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

I like the old look of this panel much better though.  just to be able to change the proportions, make a slightly narrower part with the tactics and pitch and make a slightly wider part with the squad :rolleyes:

Yes I completely agree. It is a bit of a “novelty” to have a tabbed container in the tactics screen and used that in my updated skin but some users (including myself) reverted back to the “old tactics screen”.

Somehow having it all in one overview is just a lot more practical, but well, lots of people have different preferences that is why we have so many skins and variations out there.

”old version”

D961B8CF-8388-494E-B966-F40FCB1D2768.png.e38900a9e02d9e450ddc512cb8a24228.png

””new version”

97D9D4C8-7E53-424B-85D3-A6E8E04CBD0A.png.93eb19fe13a22f88b97fd2a92a17b93e.png

CC79D101-DA94-4196-9456-62718FDC9F0D.png.a8c3e4531b82c7e7211dff31cc8a2d00.png

I agree also. Great achievement to split the tactics screen into tabbed containers. The code for tactics is overly/needlessly complex in my opinion. So to sift through it all to split it up is very good work. But I much prefer all the information on one screen.

Personally that goes for all panels and screens. There are enough “clicks” in the game as it is. If info can be put in one panel/screen that is ideal for me.

Tabs are obviously great if real estate is in short supply. But splitting info, for what seems like the sake of it, I’d personally prefer to avoid.

The only reason I wanted it tabbed, is because I play on a laptop with a small resolution. As such, the information I have available on one screen is minimal. I totally agree that the code is complex and, being a novice skinner, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of @a31632, @_Ben_and @wkdsoul.

As has been previously mentioned though, should I have a bigger screen/resolution at my disposal, I would probably revert to the default view. It is all about the information I have available on one screen for me.

32 minutes ago, GIMN said:

team/team opposition scout report panel.xml

Thanks, I am trying to pull that into the tactics panel, but I can't get it to populate:

image.png.2692eab820e70d652d5625c070e98add.png

Despite the fact that it populates in the Data Hub. I don't suppose you have any ideas?

26 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Thanks, I am trying to pull that into the tactics panel, but I can't get it to populate:

image.png.2692eab820e70d652d5625c070e98add.png

Despite the fact that it populates in the Data Hub. I don't suppose you have any ideas?

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Much longer answer: I don't know, but I would probably start with trying to use a selector panel to try and manipulate the game into looking for information from a different panel class, and see if it's possible to get anywhere from that.

5 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Much longer answer: I don't know, but I would probably start with trying to use a selector panel to try and manipulate the game into looking for information from a different panel class, and see if it's possible to get anywhere from that.

That's a start. Thanks.

Hello, I cannot find anything about this.

Does anyone know where to find fonts or fontxml of other languages than english for FM? I want to change the font in greek language for example and I cannot.

Thank you in advance.