Changing Agreed Playing Time

I have eight players on Star Player level of Agreed Playing Time, and another six on Important Player.

Is it good to change the Agreed Playing Time levels to better reflect reality?

From what I can see, if one tries to reduce Agreed Playing Time, there's maybe a 50% chance that the player and agent may get angry - the game tells the player this might happen and one is given an opportunity to discuss with the player, which then seems to have maybe a further 50/50 chance of success/failure. I've not checked whether a player who didn't complain at this stage complains later on, after a few days.

My current thinking is that reducing the Agreed Playing Time might be okay if the player doesn't object, but if the game says they might get angry and will require a discussion, then it's not worth it. If the aim of reducing Agreed Playing Time is to avoid making a player unhappy, then initiating something that gives a 50/50 chance of making a player angry seems like a bad idea.

How much does it matter if the playing times correspond to reality, though? In the [i]Actual[/i] Playing Time stats, all eight of my players with Star Player-level Agreed Playing Time stats are getting Star Player-level Actual Playing Time figures. So if it's not broken, why fix it?

In this case, the philosophy would be to only adjust Actual Playing Time in specific circumstances when a player gets unhappy at the lack of game time. All eight Star Players are at Satisfied level or above with playing time, so there would be no need to touch the settings.

What would you suggest?

Here's my team's Playing Time details that I'm thinking of tinkering with, if interested:

2f2Dh6b.png

you can change their agreed playing time to whatever you want on the first day they arrive at the club and they wont complain. if you pass that time frame. you can change it whenever you want. just pick the option i changed it for competition at your position. if they dont agree then raise hands in defense and backdown. no morale penalty basically. and once the interaction is over immediately change their playing time. they wont ever complain about it. 

2 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

you can change their agreed playing time to whatever you want on the first day they arrive at the club and they wont complain. if you pass that time frame. you can change it whenever you want. just pick the option i changed it for competition at your position. if they dont agree then raise hands in defense and backdown. no morale penalty basically. and once the interaction is over immediately change their playing time. they wont ever complain about it. 

The one's who make a huge fuss betray their undesirable personalities,  so ideally you don't want them anyway.

It's best to have as few star players as possible as it leaves you with an inflexible squad with other players who can't get in the Starting XI frustrated.

4 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

It's one of rare instances when the fact SI don't fx many of their bugs is useful. :D

7 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Lol I had no idea of this. I usually wait a year or so and players generally accept it

On 22/11/2022 at 03:19, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Interesting. Sounds a bit gamey/exploiting an exploit, though, which isn't my playstyle.

On 22/11/2022 at 05:24, phnompenhandy said:

The one's who make a huge fuss betray their undesirable personalities,  so ideally you don't want them anyway.

I'm starting to get some unhappiness with the squad players that I can't reduce Playing Time for without triggering the Discuss with player/potentially angry player option. I think this is the time to use that Discuss option. If it succeeds, then great - I have happy squad players. If not, then I will agree to sell them.

1 hour ago, Ron Wandle said:

I'm starting to get some unhappiness with the squad players that I can't reduce Playing Time for without triggering the Discuss with player/potentially angry player option. I think this is the time to use that Discuss option. If it succeeds, then great - I have happy squad players. If not, then I will agree to sell them.

Could be that they complain because of high ambition. If a player agrees a really low status, he may complain later that its too low, but very easy to re-adjust.

If they dont complain right away, they usually wont complain later. 8 star players is a LOT.

If you tell them you're reducing the playing time then choose the reasonable conversation option, I think its something like 'the other player in your position is playing really well' then that always works i find. However they will still become upset if you continue to not play them at all, you have to give them some games