Please add option for color blind people

dosh

Hello.

First of all, thank you for adding a colorblind mode from FM23 for colorblind people.

However, the inconvenience of color-blind people has not been completely improved, so I would like to give you one suggestion.

As a colorblind person, the most uncomfortable situation while playing FM is the situation where you have to make subtle color distinctions to acquire information.

Since it is a game based on data, it is necessary to acquire accurate information, but the most problematic thing is that there are situations in which information can be known only by color.

For example,

Numbers or images are provided for the player's 'status level', 'performance', and 'morale' to convey information, and the color plays an 'additional' role to convey information.

However, the 'Scout Report' is able to know the information about how high the number of advantages and disadvantages is 'only' by color.

11111.png.50fcb065f5219a58984ae006e7ce4e5a.png

000107_1123.thumb.png.3f24c36822e80217cf9675d0319e5446.png

The numerical value of the corresponding strengths and weaknesses is expressed by making a difference in the intensity (saturation) of green and red colors, but it is not easy to distinguish for color-weak users.

Of course, I confirmed that it is improved through colorblind mode.

However, if you increase the intensity of the colorblindness mode, the colors of other elements in the game, such as the team logo and national flag, are distorted, greatly hindering immersion, so I do not use the high intensity colorblindness mode.

However, FM Preferences already have a way to address these color visibility issues.

000106_1123.thumb.png.379fe2f99dac42a90cfcf426b21f251f.png

What I'm suggesting is to add the color of the 'Scout Report' to the user-customizable items.

If users can receive a report in the color they want, I am sure that the confusion of information due to color will disappear.

It is estimated that 8% of the male population worldwide has color blindness.

I would be very happy if my suggestions were quickly reflected in the future patch.

Thanks for reading.

Have a good day.

• 1 month later...