[FM23] Next Goal Wins: Australia 31-0 American Samoa - The road to redemption, a club & country story

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Glad you're enjoying it Ryan, I actually haven't seen the documentary but I have seen that another one is coming out next year!

I'd definitely recommend watching it! Think it's so interesting to watch such an untapped region, and it has a lot of depth to it rather than solely being about the football. The one coming out next year is an acted version of the original documentary I think, which i don't really see the point in as the real thing was what made it exciting

53 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

You could use the editor to add another around and extend the seasons. 

Fiji has a 4-month league season followed by a group-based cup competition for about 3 months. To be fair, the rest of the year the archipelago is flattened by hurricanes.

On 27/11/2022 at 13:43, ryanlion28 said:

I'd definitely recommend watching it! Think it's so interesting to watch such an untapped region, and it has a lot of depth to it rather than solely being about the football. The one coming out next year is an acted version of the original documentary I think, which i don't really see the point in as the real thing was what made it exciting

Sounds like a good watch, hopefully one day I'll get round to it!

On 27/11/2022 at 14:41, phnompenhandy said:

Happens to the best of us  :(

Afraid so, blooming annoying. :(

7 hours ago, Peter G said:

Would love to do a nation build but most of the small nations have such short domestic seasons which puts me off

I can't actually think off the top of my head of what small nations have quite a long domestic season. :(

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Fiji has a 4-month league season followed by a group-based cup competition for about 3 months. To be fair, the rest of the year the archipelago is flattened by hurricanes.

If Oceania is where you're wanting to go then Fiji definitely has the longest domestic campaign! 

2 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Please can you just give Jermaine Sione a cap!!! How does it not get on your nerves seeing him as "Potential first cap" every time you announce a squad? Other than that, very good read so far :)

But if I do that then that means subbing either Peyton or Gabriel! To be fair though, he should be playing in next years Pacific Games.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Shirt badge/Association crest

e0f21989a17f0cd11f0d6221243b1e5d.png

A rocky start to the year but we were able to overcome a whole host of non-Oceanic nations!

bab6982782eb00e7ae6913adcf499486.png

78989f32a26f24e91b528411a5d41d8d.png

Overall Best XI

8c25da6d57521b18715b8756762ce12b.png

2026 Best XI

5125682b0c4a8a9917639084b1b7f818.png

Hengihengi Ikuvalu

Milo Collins - Jared Pulesala - Jared Pouli - Austin Kaleopa

Gabriel Taumua

Vaha Tua - Xavior Leatualevao

Jordan Maufroy

Peyton Tapui - Gabriel Kaleopa

856594a8e5199d1be326948eaf6b2cf1.png

8a0d9751592593724cde8d06f08ffacb.png

18 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

0f817f2bcf7b8bc5bc4778a4a588cb94.png

WE WERE ABLE TO SIGN PEYTON!!! I don't know how long we'll have him for but he should destroy the league!

wow! Do your players ever get taken by others in the league? Take it that’s there’s not many scouts out in these little islands to take him elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

wow! Do your players ever get taken by others in the league? Take it that’s there’s not many scouts out in these little islands to take him elsewhere?

Players that we want tend to stay here and we haven't really lost anyone in a couple of seasons. I'm interested to see where Peyton will go next already, he's far too good of a player to be here so will he go back to the U.S.A.? Or to New Zealand or Australia?