[FM23] Next Goal Wins: Australia 31-0 American Samoa - The road to redemption, a club & country story

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/11/2022 at 06:55, ToMexico!! said:

In regards to the last part I think its because American Samoa is playable, teams within the league are creating the players needed for the national side whereas if they weren't playable they would come through elsewhere. Its a shame really because it doesn't reflect the real world. 

This is a complete and total lie. Youth intakes in one league do not affect youth intakes in other leagues at all, especially in the USA where non-American youth intake nationalities are more so based on a dice roll more than anything. I have no idea where you got this from.

8 minutes ago, Gum said:

This is a complete and total lie. Youth intakes in one league do not affect youth intakes in other leagues at all, especially in the USA where non-American youth intake nationalities are more so based on a dice roll more than anything. I have no idea where you got this from.

Based on the fact that ToMexico said he thinks then it's all just a theory anyway. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gum said:

Say what you think eh... nothing like having a conversation about it. 

I said I think...not I am abolsutely 100% positively correct. 

In my opinion then as someone who has done multiple saves in Africa and West-Asia, that once you load up a save with a nation like Congo or Azerbaijan, the amount of players of from that  nation or dual-nationality considerably drops in youth intakes in other leagues due to that nation being loaded.

Is that better? 

3 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Say what you think eh... nothing like having a conversation about it. 

I said I think...not I am abolsutely 100% positively correct. 

In my opinion then as someone who has done multiple saves in Africa and West-Asia, that once you load up a save with a nation like Congo or Azerbaijan, the amount of players of from that  nation or dual-nationality considerably drops in youth intakes in other leagues due to that nation being loaded.

Is that better? 

Unless you're managing Hallescher in which case you will single-handedly give the continent of Africa all of their NT players whether you want to or not.

20 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I would agree with this one, I follow your adventures pretty regulary.

Also when I did my China NT save, I had one player coming through the Dallas FC academy and another one in the lower leagues pretty early in the save. (after 1 or 2 years)

So I tought to actived the MLS and maybe get some more. In the next 8 years only 1 Chinese player came through.

You can all theorize but it's simply wrong. Nothing more to it. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything in this scenario. Talk to any SI researcher/developer like I have and they'll tell you straight up. :)

19 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Unless you're managing Hallescher in which case you will single-handedly give the continent of Africa all of their NT players whether you want to or not.

Just had a count up we have 82 players at the club...9 of them are German with no 2nd nationality. Which means 73 players are classed as African or have an African 2nd nationality. Of which they could represent 31 of the 54 African nations. 

Thankfully, most of them are from lesser nations like South Sudan, Malawi, Niger and Tanzania. Imagine if they all got called up to their countries and they all played in the AFCoN :D