Playing game with editor file - Game Crashes on 14th December 2022

rubs165

Ive created some new leagues and continental rule files in the editor. 

When I load them to play in the game I get the attached warning when loading it up.  The game continues to load fine if I click ok but then consistently crashes on 14th December 2022, whether i load one or all the files.

I have attached one as an example.

Can anyone advise?

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 13.44.54.png

Pan Euro Atlantic.fmf

Edited by rubs165

I only uploaded the one as ive tested them all and they have the same issue.  individually and combined.  I have attached the rest to this post.

I have checked for the Atlantic file which crashes when run in isolation on that day, as well as when combined and there are no matches scheduled for the 14th December in that league or associated cups/reserve or youth leagues.  The winter break is scheduled for January, and transfer windows are July-August and Jan.

Edit: I have progressed past that date in saves no using the attached files

PanEuro Aegean.fmf PanEuro Alp.fmf PanEuro Balkan.fmf PanEuro BENE.fmf PanEuro Cau.fmf PanEuro Central.fmf PanEuro Cont Rules.fmf PanEuro NE.fmf PanEuro Scan.fmf

Edited by rubs165

The issue might not even be with your competitions themselves. I tried verifying one of the files in advanced rules and it threw up an error with the All-Ireland Champions Cup.

Also, while not part of your issue I'd suggest having another look at your transfer windows. You seem to have Jan 2000 for your January window rather than Jan 2001. Since it's a Jul-Jun season it should be part of the next year. I'm 99% sure that's the cause of the AI squad registration error, where AI teams can't register any players for the first half of the season. They're waiting for the first transfer window, which they believe is January, so from Jul-Dec they can only play their youth players. It only affects the AI so is hard to spot unless you know to look for it.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The issue might not even be with your competitions themselves. I tried verifying one of the files in advanced rules and it threw up an error with the All-Ireland Champions Cup.

Also, while not part of your issue I'd suggest having another look at your transfer windows. You seem to have Jan 2000 for your January window rather than Jan 2001. Since it's a Jul-Jun season it should be part of the next year. I'm 99% sure that's the cause of the AI squad registration error, where AI teams can't register any players for the first half of the season. They're waiting for the first transfer window, which they believe is January, so from Jul-Dec they can only play their youth players. It only affects the AI so is hard to spot unless you know to look for it.

Would this issue have the same effect in reverse? I had a similar problem with AI teams not registering players in the first transfer window on a file I made last year, All my competitions were played in the same year with transfer windows in May and July (I think), but teams wouldn't register anyone on the May window.

16 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Would this issue have the same effect in reverse? I had a similar problem with AI teams not registering players in the first transfer window on a file I made last year, All my competitions were played in the same year with transfer windows in May and July (I think), but teams wouldn't register anyone on the May window.

Yes. I first encountered it on a Japan file I downloaded with a Mar-Nov season. Incorrect transfer window setups will cause that problem regardless of when the season starts/ends.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yes. I first encountered it on a Japan file I downloaded with a Mar-Nov season. Incorrect transfer window setups will cause that problem regardless of when the season starts/ends.

Ok. If I'm understanding correctly, if my leagues all run in the same year, my transfer window should be set to January 2000?

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok. If I'm understanding correctly, if my leagues all run in the same year, my transfer window should be set to January 2000?

Yep, I think the order also matters though, so if it's a calendar year season the Jan 2000 transfer window should be listed first, then the Jul/Aug one. If it's a Jul-Jun season then the Jul window needs to be listed first, then the Jan 2001 one.