More Direct Passes + Take fewer risks

The No-Nonsense CB role has this locked. Does this mean he'll try to pass to someone higher up the pitch without necessarily putting them through on goal? I want to believe a combination of "direct passes" and "fewer risks" means "There's someone up there, let me pass to him, but I don't really want to unlock the defence, I just want the ball to get to him. What happens next is none of my business"

I think it means exactly that. He’s a NCB. He has the ball at his feet. He takes lower risk so all he wants to do is get rid of it, quickly, in the least flash way possible. So he’s booting it forward, ideally to one of your attackers. In that NCB’s eyes if it reaches your forward he’s delighted, job done. If by miracle he’s added a little curve to it, bending it round the oppo CB to put ur CF thru on goal, he’s stripped naked and doing cartwheels celebrating and declaring himself the new Bobby Moore. 

14 minutes ago, dazza11 said:

I think it means exactly that. He’s a NCB. He has the ball at his feet. He takes lower risk so all he wants to do is get rid of it, quickly, in the least flash way possible. So he’s booting it forward, ideally to one of your attackers. In that NCB’s eyes if it reaches your forward he’s delighted, job done. If by miracle he’s added a little curve to it, bending it round the oppo CB to put ur CF thru on goal, he’s stripped naked and doing cartwheels celebrating and declaring himself the new Bobby Moore. 

Thought as much. Thanks. But can you really spot the difference between a direct pass and a risky pass. Is it very obvious?

I don’t think it’s as much about you spotting  it as your NCB having the ability to delivering it. 
likely he doesn’t have the technical ability to be threading 50 yard passes between two opposing CB’s. So it’s more about the (lack of) time he spends on the ball, analysing his options of getting rid of it. 

Edited by dazza11

1 hour ago, dazza11 said:

I don’t think it’s as much about you spotting  it as your NCB having the ability to delivering it. 
likely he doesn’t have the technical ability to be threading 50 yard passes between two opposing CB’s. So it’s more about the (lack of) time he spends on the ball, analysing his options of getting rid of it. 

Makes sense. 

NCB will look get rid of the ball asap. That means he either find an easy pass to a closer player or he just going to punt the ball.

The regular center back will decide between an easy pass to a closer player or between a long pass because he doesn't have a risk instruction.

BPD will take more risks, they will run wth the ball or look for long quality passes. Passing, technique and vision skills are very important