Actual playtime potential bug?

Hello,

I have been looking at the actual playtime of some of my players and I am wondering if there is a bug.

So far my team has played a total of 50 matches this season.

I have a player who has made 28 appearances, 7 starting. This player has played in the majority of games, but has an actual playing time of surplus to requirements.

I have another player who has made 29 appearances with 12 starting and is listed as emergency backup.

It seems to me that both of these players should be impact sub. I just cant understand how a player could play in over half of the matches in a season, while still being listed as surplus to requirements. Anyone know if this could be a bug? I would assume surplus to requirements would be playing 15% of matches at most.

Also, my goalkeeper has played every single one of those 50 games without ever being subbed out, and is listed as important player, not even star. I have another player who has 48 starting and is also listed as important player.

Edited by phantombandit

3 hours ago, phantombandit said:

Hello,

I have been looking at the actual playtime of some of my players and I am wondering if there is a bug.

So far my team has played a total of 50 matches this season.

I have a player who has made 28 appearances, 7 starting. This player has played in the majority of games, but has an actual playing time of surplus to requirements.

I have another player who has made 29 appearances with 12 starting and is listed as emergency backup.

It seems to me that both of these players should be impact sub.

Sounds weird indeed, are those starts and subs in the league or mostly cups? You should raise a ticket in the bugtracker!

10 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Sounds weird indeed, are those starts and subs in the league or mostly cups? You should raise a ticket in the bugtracker!

Belgium only has one cup and I got knocked out first round (league winner here lol), and the champions league which we got knocked out in group stage so that means max 7 appearances that could not be league matches.

It's a bug that have existed in previous editions. Some players have their actual playing time as surplus to requirements even though they're playing the exact same amount of games as someone listed as regular starter.

You can deal with it by exploiting the playing time unhappiness bug though.

Edited by Teferi

21 hours ago, anagain said:

You can set their playtime. It is set when you negotiate a contract.

Your coach view is dependent on the level of coaching you have. It is not definitive. 

At the end of the day you make the choices. 

I am not referring to agreed playing time but actual play time.

15 hours ago, phantombandit said:

Belgium only has one cup and I got knocked out first round (league winner here lol), and the champions league which we got knocked out in group stage so that means max 7 appearances that could not be league matches.

and these players are all 1st team players, located in and training with your 1st team? I've noticed if you add a reserve team player to your 1st team training through the training - units menu they get measured on 1st team appearances and not reserve team. If thats not your case you really should post it in the bugtracker.

Edited by zindrinho
ms spelling

Yes there is an issue in that despite a player getting a large number of games equivalent to e.g. a regular starter, he is still rated as 'Surplus to Requirements' as though he had only played very few games.

Then he complains he isn't getting enough games.

I reported this years ago in the bugs forum.

Has it been fixed?

Nope.

Do we know why it hasn't been fixed?

Nope.

20 hours ago, Teferi said:

It's a bug that have existed in previous editions. Some players have their actual playing time as surplus to requirements even though they're playing the exact same amount of games as someone listed as regular starter.

You can deal with it by exploiting the playing time unhappiness bug though.

Yep using a bug against another bug is the answer if you don't want to lose your dressinig room or have a key player hand in a transfer request even though they started 90 percent of the games and needed to be rested/rotated.

52 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

Yep using a bug against another bug is the answer if you don't want to lose your dressinig room or have a key player hand in a transfer request even though they started 90 percent of the games and needed to be rested/rotated.

What is the other bug?

6 hours ago, zindrinho said:

and these players are all 1st team players, located in and training with your 1st team? I've noticed if you add a reserve team player to your 1st team training through the training - units menu they get measured on 1st team appearances and not reserve team. If thats not your case you really should post it in the bugtracker.

yea, they are all first team rotation players.