Having the ability to display specific players in specific squads would be great

John_Yuki

In my save I recently got a couple of decent 15/16 year olds in my youth intake who I rotate in to my first team from time to time due to the ridiculously packed schedule I have. However, I want to keep them in the youth squad. 

I know that I can use the filters to display youth/u21 players, but I don't want *all* of those players to appear because I'm never even going to click on the profiles of most of them let alone put them anywhere near the first team. Instead, it would be great if we could right click on a player's name and select an option that says something like, "display in..." and then select the team we want them to display in. That way, they remain in the u19 squad and do the u19 training, but I can also have them displayed in my main squad too without all of the other bloat players that are in that same squad.

It's kind of like how we can select "Make available for u19's" for players, but instead it would allow us to do that for any team in our club.

I know it's not going to be a priority to add this due to it simply being a QoL change and this already technically being possible (just with all the bloat players as well), but it would definitely make squad management far nicer. 

Edited by John_Yuki

11 hours ago, Cobblers said:

It's a good enough idea from my perspective.

Would not going to the other squads as much then affect you negatively and also make those squads more redundant?

Not necessarily, no. If the only thing I care about in that squad are a handful of players, then everything else in that squad is going to get neglected regardless of whether those handful of players can only be accessed in the u19 squad or whether I can display them in my main squad. It just saves a lot of clicking back and forth, messing with filters, etc, and just lets us display the players we want in the main squad. Those other teams still have their training schedules, their primary competitions, and so on, so they still have a purpose. 

Edited by John_Yuki

I do this already. I add youths to senior squad and then make them available for X squad (u19 etc) and they’ll remain in the first team squad, also added benefits of training with senior squad and getting mentoring from senior players. Don’t even have them on subs bench just pushed them to main squad and set them to play for the other squads matches. Good development from youths this way and you keep track of them without forgetting about them a few seasons down the line and buy someone else 😆

15 hours ago, Daz2205 said:

I do this already. I add youths to senior squad and then make them available for X squad (u19 etc) and they’ll remain in the first team squad, also added benefits of training with senior squad and getting mentoring from senior players. Don’t even have them on subs bench just pushed them to main squad and set them to play for the other squads matches. Good development from youths this way and you keep track of them without forgetting about them a few seasons down the line and buy someone else 😆

I've heard that keeping players in the youth teams is better for very early development (when players are still 15, 16) because youth teams do a lot more physical work, whereas senior teams it's more technical, so having youth players in your main squad physically stunts either growth?

Physical growth will happen naturally anyway, they’re still growing. Nothing should stunt that unless quite honestly some medical issue which I’m pretty sure FM doesn’t have. Take control of their training and include a second session for them to work on that is related to physicals. Odd game time here and there if you’re winning etc and they’ll be having green arrows on their attributes in no time.