Players Unhappy Forever?

I play as Bayern Munich.

• Lost Lucas Hernandez  (sold in winter) as he was unhappy for 3 years (rejected very small Barcelona offer) and eventually left for free (he was unhappy not being able to move whole time, despite playing as a starter and enjoying staying at the club)
  • Lost Alphonso Davies because 2.5 years before end of his contract Liverpool made a small offer. Despite agreeing I sell him for no less 112m, and no one for a year didnt even come close to this price, he never wanted to renew the contract. List of reasons why he is happy was big, just unhappinness "not allowed to join liverpool"
  • Lost Muller despite him being 35 and starting almost every game because 2 years ago I benched him few times in a row, also btw Muller had AUTOMATIC EXTENSION after 15 league games, he polayed 14 in first half of the season but...  before  his 15th game ge signed with Wolfsburg - how someone can sign anotherr contract if the one is going to be extended?
  • Now Jamal Musiala is unhappy because right after he extended contract PSG started being interested - he is constantly unhappy about that (in public domain) and doesnt want to discuss new contract despite being happy for many other reasons and playing literally every game

In previous version of the game unhappinnes usually lasted for a period od transfer window maybe two and if there was no offers even faster. Is this is a bug or intended? hard to imagine that players dont change their minds while literally no offers and playing as regulars.

What to do with Jamal not to lose him? count that PSG lose interest? bench him? play him so he stays happy?

Edited by Kafke

When a player is unhappy about transfer offer rejection I negotiate with him a fair amount I promise to accept. Many times an offer that match that value never happens and after a season they accept it becoming happy again. Sometimes that offer happens and I have to accept, usually a big amount of money allowing me to sign a similar quality player and improve club finances

15 hours ago, Kafke said:

What to do with Jamal not to lose him? count that PSG lose interest? bench him? play him so he stays happy?

buy the in-game editor? I have similar issues at Barca, apparently PSG is the coolest thing ever to football players :/

11 hours ago, inacion said:

When a player is unhappy about transfer offer rejection I negotiate with him a fair amount I promise to accept. Many times an offer that match that value never happens and after a season they accept it becoming happy again. Sometimes that offer happens and I have to accept, usually a big amount of money allowing me to sign a similar quality player and improve club finances

One thing that bugs me about these promises though is that the player can unilaterally decide to roll it over.

On 22 I currently have a player Valencia bid for in the summer window. I rejected and then promised I'd sell him if anyone bid £45m which he agreed to. The promise is set to run until the end of the January window. Nobody bids for the rest of the summer, nobody bids in January so the promise is done right? Nope the player decides he wants to wait more so it is now set to run until the end of the next summer window. By this point the player will have entered the final season of his contract and I can't offer him anything new as he's waiting on this promise to be kept.