How to force 'best competition' in Regional Division Scoring?

MichielVM

I'm trying to fix an issue with regional divisions in an editor file.

Situation: The lowest division level of my file has 8 regions with a few competitions per region, for a total of 48 divisions/child-competitions on that level. Those competitions have a variable amount of teams in them, as I'm working with a system for dynamic regional relegation (sometimes less teams from a certain region get relegated from the division above). Regional boundaries are set up and the game proposes the correct regions for all teams in testing.

Issue: The game ignores its own proposition for the 'Best competition' in Regional Division Scoring and randomly puts teams in other regions (this causes trouble after a few seasons). I think it tries to even out the number of teams across all child competitions of this level by putting extra teams in some regions. This is, however, not possible.

Question: Is there a way to force the game to always use the 'best competition' or can I tell the game to 'reshuffle' the teams in the lowest level, to even out the number of teams (this would then use the correct boundaries, hopefully)?

Attached is a screenshot with an example: 'division' should be the same as 'best competition', but it is not.

20221128135554_1.jpg