FM23 - Barenaked Ambition - A Canadian Journey, Pinch Me, but there are No Million Dollar Budgets, and it Will Take Longer than a One Week

KibworthBull

A few pointers.

My favourite band are the Barenaked Ladies - if you haven't heard of them, then shame on you. If you have and you enjoy the Ladies then you shall enjoy this thread.

I've been on a journey since finding this Database - to find the perfect club to kick things off. One nearest to the Ladies home of Scarborough, Ontario.

I've found one that fits it perfectly.

In League 6 Ontario Group B, sit Scarborough Robbie, owned by "Ed Robertson", who just so happens to be the lead singer of BNL. It could be coincidence, it could be some editing wizardry from someone. Whatever the reason, I don't care. It's time to make them great.

image.png.4a1d263e4edd3e3d024b242804fccc0c.png

Sadly, I don't have a budget of 1,000,000 dollars, and it's going to take me more than One Week for this journey to complete.

I've got a simple mission. 

• Reach the top of the Canadian Tree and win the North American Champions League.

The Ground

image.png.6873b370849dc4558b96759ad468b3b4.png

Pre Season 2022.

It's fair to say we are not favourites..

image.png.83a682fb5370e67b5bd0fc0a2eeb5db0.png

I've got no staff and barely a squad of players. Fortunately the expectation matches the situation. No sackings here. (yet)

I rely on my staff for EVERYTHING. I have no idea what constitutes a good player. 

The job's are live but no fish are biting yet.

Fortunately Ed pops up with an U23 manager and I can get my first view on the talent pool.

Luka is the star man, but wanted by several bigger fish.

image.png.36ed37d468fc9d599e567a787daaf4a1.png

A hotch-potch of clubs in pre-season

image.png.e1ac05fc657c9acf4bd713d44a998c68.png

One new signing - made blind.

image.png.5d961d15210e8b9219f4447c5d3df29d.png

Don't judge me..

March 2022

Joy and triumphant. We have kicked off our league AND cup campaigns!!

image.png.179821a8e621f7e7125c3619e29c175a.png

3pts on the opening day with two 15 year olds scoring. Both Bowyer and Kearns quick off the mark.

Back down to earth in the next game - we threw away a 2-1 lead late on. 

The cup seems to be where we thrive right now, 1 higher graded side accounted for, and one of the new additions (Eric Savvas) enjoying himself with a few goals.

Noah Durão signed on the morning of the Cup tie against Storm, playing Right Back and scored twice.

The addition of three players has moved our odds from 2000-1 to 1-16, the odds are that we will probably be ALRIGHT... Even though we've had a win, draw and a defeat from the opening three.

Bowyer looks so happy to be here.

image.png.867b9a5979cc190ba7a148edcf5314b9.png

It is 100% 'Wizardry'

I needed even teams so every team could play on the same day in the Canadian Open, and I figured the stadium famous for being "Home of 'Home of the Robbie'" deserved a team called the Robbie, and Ed made the perfect owner

Edited by animal31