Promise to strengthen timing problem?

I was negotiating with a player and he asked for a promise to strengthen the midfield. Since I was in the process of signing three midfielders, I agreed. 

On the promises list, it shows I have 57 days left to fulfil the promise, and the promise progress bar is currently unfilled.

Is this going to trigger later on when the 57 days are up, or has there been some timing problem, where the new midfield players arrived after I had offered the contract, but before the player I offered the promise to arrived at the club?

If the promise will not be fulfilled, is it possible, when this happens, to discuss with the player so that he doesn't mind that the promise wasn't fulfilled? I don't mind reloading and trying different chat options, if necessary, to reach the desired outcome.

Unfortunately, the in-game editor doesn't remove promises.

3 hours ago, Ron Wandle said:

I was negotiating with a player and he asked for a promise to strengthen the midfield. Since I was in the process of signing three midfielders, I agreed. 

On the promises list, it shows I have 57 days left to fulfil the promise, and the promise progress bar is currently unfilled.

Is this going to trigger later on when the 57 days are up, or has there been some timing problem, where the new midfield players arrived after I had offered the contract, but before the player I offered the promise to arrived at the club?

If the promise will not be fulfilled, is it possible, when this happens, to discuss with the player so that he doesn't mind that the promise wasn't fulfilled? I don't mind reloading and trying different chat options, if necessary, to reach the desired outcome.

Unfortunately, the in-game editor doesn't remove promises.

It is going to trigger when 57 days up. There will be a chat with the player, but none of the options will make him happy. 

2 hours ago, Angus Osborne said:

It is going to trigger when 57 days up. There will be a chat with the player, but none of the options will make him happy. 

I signed a defender shortly before signing this guy who also asked for midfield reinforcements and he got his promise fulfilled early on. I've bought another midfielder since writing the OP and it immediately fulfilled the promise. 

So it looks like the reinforcements promise gets fulfilled instantly the new signing arrives. In which case, I think it needs to be checked to make sure that any signings that are made after a promise is made during contract negotiations and before the player arrives at the club count towards fulfilling the promise.

To be honest, the conditions to satisfy this type of promise have always been a mystery in the game.  I prefer to exclude any promise that I am not sure of my ability to keep and if you offer the requested wage to the player, most of the time removal of that kind of promise will not be an issue.

I like it when you are signing a defender because you clearly need one, and the very same defender you are signing asks you to strengthen in defence….. Err you muppet, that’s why I am signing you in the first place. Another small bug that’s just irritating 

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

To be honest, the conditions to satisfy this type of promise have always been a mystery in the game.  I prefer to exclude any promise that I am not sure of my ability to keep and if you offer the requested wage to the player, most of the time removal of that kind of promise will not be an issue.

Best way to remove the problem, is to just remove all promises from contract negotiations, saves you so many headaches