Entrants Duplicating in AFC Champions League & AFC Cup

Sapa

Ok, this is driving me mad.  Over 2000 database changes and everything now works... but the teams finishing in the top two of my V.League are qualifying for the Champions League (which is correct) but also the AFC Cup....

Every year the top two teams enter both competitions creating fixture havoc.

I tried just making the AFC extinct, but it still runs... I then removed it completely, but then it removed both competitions.  Removed all pre-registered teams etc. 

Any advice, please???

Edited by Sapa

Think you might need to post this in the bug reports section. I don't think it's anything to do with your edits. Just checked my current save (I haven't edited anything in Asia yet so it should be vanilla rules there still) and the same thing is happening to the countries ranked around 11th/12th in Asian coefficients. There's an Indonesian team that's actually in the later stages of both competitions, impressive.

On the plus side moving further up (or down) the rankings should fix the issue. Although then some other country would still be affected I guess.

Edited by rusty217

15 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Think you might need to post this in the bug reports section. I don't think it's anything to do with your edits. Just checked my current save (I haven't edited anything in Asia yet so it should be vanilla rules there still) and the same thing is happening to the countries ranked around 11th/12th in Asian coefficients. There's an Indonesian team that's actually in the later stages of both competitions, impressive.

On the plus side moving further up (or down) the rankings should fix the issue. Although then some other country would still be affected I guess.

Thanks Rusty - perhaps I'll add more coefficient points to Vietnam to try to force their exit from the AFC Cup.  Will give it a go. 

I wonder if you could remake the comp rules and leave them as flexible format but just add an entry into the "teams" for AFC Cup with "ignore teams" set to the best teams in competition from the ACL. Leave the rest as is. Not sure if that would break the whole structure

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wonder if you could remake the comp rules and leave them as flexible format but just add an entry into the "teams" for AFC Cup with "ignore teams" set to the best teams in competition from the ACL. Leave the rest as is. Not sure if that would break the whole structure

It would probably break it. Since it qualifies those teams for the AFC Cup, instead of the teams that it should qualify, by ignoring them you'd end up with not enough teams and then it would freak out.

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah I'm just hoping its flexible enough at the bottom to make up the extra teams, sometimes they're creative with min/max teams like that. But it seems unlikely

It may well work in game, competitions are a lot more flexible there. But the editor is highly likely to throw up an issue when verifying, it's very temperamental when it comes to continental competitions. The game itself handles varying numbers of qualifying teams fine, just not the editor.