Director of Football Problem

I'm trying to do dof challenge in a lower league team FM23. I give the transfering/negotiating/signing responsibilities to the DoF. The team has enough funds and it lacks depth and badly needs more players in the main squad. I am able to transfer or sign players manually but I want my DoF to do it. The DoF of course have low stats but I don't expect him to find wonderkids for me. I just want him to do his job.

• DoF starts to make transfers to my U19 team and not any transfers for my main team.
  • When I revoke the U-19 responsibilities from him, he just stops transfering anyone. Does nothing for months. If I give him U-19 responsibilities again, he starts transfering. Doesn't do his job for the main squad even though he is given responsibility for it.
  • Normally, scouting responsibilities are first left to chief scout, however I tried to give them to DoF in case he might need it (does he?). This did not fix the problem.

Any idea how I can make him buy/sign players for main squad?

Edited by smolinski

How long has it been without him making any first team transfers and how long had the transfer window been open during this period?

If it's only been days or possibly even weeks then it's not a problem, but if a whole transfer window has passed, especially the main transfer window, and there havent been any signings then there might be an issue.

Edited by Platinum

@Platinum Whole window of transfers has passed without him making any transfers for the main squad. Could it be due to three managerial scouting responsibilities were given to the chief scout instead of director of football? I'm giving scouting work to the chief scout because he's the first option to choose on drop down menu.

Or could it be simply because my DoF having low stats as I can't hire a good DoF for my team yet?

Edited by smolinski