Cant fullfill promiss because the player doesnt want to sign a new contract.

I have encountered a really strange problem. My most promissing wonderkid wants to leave my club. He was unhappy and I asked him what I could do to make him stay. To my surprise he said he wants to sign a key player contract and then he stays. I have more than enough wage budget for him so I was happy at first. The problem is that he doesnt want to sign a new contract..

So the only thing that he wants is to sign a new key player contract.  But at the same time he doesnt want to sign a new contract.

Did anyone of you encounter this or a similar problem and knows a way to fix that?

Grosu-2.png

Grosu-3.png

he probably wants to play for FC Bayern and not for FC Rapid, I would guess?.. Ambition also means low loyalty, they are usually the ones which always complain about everything and try to jump ship first whenever something mildly inconveniences them, I don't like them..

Did you ask him about the key player thing before or after Bayern came knocking?

Edited by SC00P0NE

There are some rather niche options in Player Interactions that come up from time to time so you might have the option to say "I tried offering you a contract but you weren't interested" if you don't end up selling him, but I wouldn't put money on it.

well, like @turnip said, your promise should eventually expire, once that happens the player will probably want to talk to you again.. Look out for any answers in that conversation which point out that the player didn't want to sign one. Otherwise, I would post this issue in the bug tracker since it sounds rather illogical indeed when a player agrees to a promise first but then doesn't want to follow through with it??

Edit: Perhaps the agent is the issue? The player might be fine with a new contract but the agent wants his client to move to Bayern for more money? Agents play a bigger part in the game compared to the past in FM, just a thought though..

Edited by SC00P0NE