Didn't know this game was called World Cup Manager 2002.

- Must win game

- Players can't score from 3.5 xG

- Both center backs sent off and one of them for handling the ball in the opponent area

- Ended up losing to my substitute CB scoring an own goal

If this is not the definition of rigged, I don't know what is.

Literally the only reasonable thing to do after this shambles is to save/load. No other course of action possible

843081547_ScreenShot2022-12-01at13_52_34.thumb.png.a76f0a261483f92a31290df6d99b9000.png

Only 5 shots on target. A bunch of blocked shots perhaps? Or wild/rushed shots?

If it's a must win match, it could be the pressure getting to some players, especially regarding the straight red card.

17 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

'Rigged' Bizzarre attitude

There's little difference between a game that is rigged for you to lose in the coding to one that is extremely heavily weighted against you by factors such as motivation, big game pressure and media interactions. I've tested FM 22 in several games, one very winnable game where I was favourite to win and didn't win one of the 38 attempts to replay the game, I think purely because of the press interview my assistant manager gave before the game. The way the game displays these kind of games in the match engine is simply awful too. You are all over the opposition and waltz through on goal. But then your players just repeatedly and seemingly deliberately punt the ball 40 yards over the goal from a position where they can side foot it in quite easily. I guess it's trying to show 'one of those days' that you do get in real football. I guess it instills the same kind of feelings of frustration in the FM player as it does in a real life manager, but just not in the right way. Rather than blaming your players or the gods, you're blaming the match engine as your world class striker with 20 finishing and 19 composure who 'relishes big games' hits the underside of the roof at Wembley for the 9th time.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

A press interview is never going to be solely responsible for you losing a game. And if put good money someone winning that game 

I'd put good money on someone else winning the game - quite possibly at the first attempt - not convincing the person that had 38 attempts that it might have been their tactics :D 

I'm still longing for the day when someone comes in here complaining that the developers rigged it so they won a game against a better side that had all the better chances because they got an own goal and the opposition got cards, and asking whether they should save/reload the game so they can lose it as expected...

(I was pretty annoyed that City decided not to play Haaland against me in the FA Cup final tbf. Fix, I tell you!)

On 02/12/2022 at 22:10, eXistenZ said:

Id say its only rigged when the opposition goalkeeper manages an 8.2 against you, while averaging 6.7 in his previous 25 games.

I mean my team was leading the Bundesliga by 6 points and 6 games later I'm down 16 xG to goals with the opposing goalkeepers putting up >8 ratings in 5 of the 6 games.

I guess SI games really love Bayern Munich. Them winning the league every year is so fun and they have to guarantee that to happen.

1477783968_ScreenShot2022-12-05at12_15_50.png.c1742ba6d4fe3db8b5a9790138c85bcd.png2041361597_ScreenShot2022-12-05at12_15_18.png.b70396ec56715fd494d2f740d8683703.png188025055_ScreenShot2022-12-05at12_15_37.png.399ad5def124b32aad49b00b5f618c4a.png

I hate to reopen this thread of complaint but three games in a row like this (after what happened in the OP) is unacceptable. Either fix the ME or put in some sort of false randomizer model when it comes to goals.

Nobody enjoys experiencing games such as these.

1070271293_ScreenShot2022-12-05at12_23_27.png.649d8ff5d3eef80c1a8d0f6ee660ed52.png

I didn't even bother throwing in this one since we didn't create enough for my liking.

Edited by Teferi

On 02/12/2022 at 04:02, ryanlion28 said:

'Rigged' Bizzarre attitude

"Bizzarre attitude"

yeah scoring 2 goals from almost 15xG in 4 consecutive games happens every day in real life right?

Or has it literally NEVER happened to any top team ever and SI is just having a stinker with how their game is simulating?

Edited by Teferi

You keep posting figures that shows that you have a low % of shots on target. Fixing that first would be a big step, imo, into getting better results.

Might be worth asking advice in the tactics forum, but if you do, please supply as much info about your setup etc as possible.

@Teferi  Your initial posts has started out on the premise that the game is rigged against you.  SI have advised many, many times that the code is not rigged, but if you are not prepared to accept that and take some advice with an open mind, then there is little that other users can do for you.  If you just want to rant that that is fine and I will close this thread. If, however, you want help, open a thread in the Tactics forum with as much detail as you can about your team, formation, tactics, player and team instructions and you could get some input from the guys in there..

• FrazT locked this topic