Squad Planner Help/Question

I am by no means as quick as most of you guys but i've just got through my first season with Foggia in Serie C.

Loving Fm as usual and while I havent used the Squad planner as much as maybe some do, I did enjoy looking at the assistant recommendations as to who is best in each position and who is the best up and coming player in each position.

Heres my problem though. The squad planner landing screen with all the different positions has literally hundreds of players listed who don't play for me, never have played for me, I have never ever scouted and don't sit on any of my shortlists. In short I have no logical reason for why they are showing up in the lists for EACH position. THe processing time just to load the squad planner up takes forever.

In terms of a fix or settings I cannot find anything that seems to control this or gives me an explantion as to why all these players (mostly 36 year olds + oddly) are appearing in these various lists of players. The only fix I can find is click on each individual position and then one by one go to each player and hit the - (minus) button and keep doing this through every position, an then switch to each formation loaded up and repeat the process. Its ridiculous.

Is there something really obvious i'm missing that is causing this as at the start of the game this feature simply featured players who played for me. Then you could add players from a shortlist if you wanted (I didnt). Then you could click next season and it would automatically remove players on loan or out of contract next season. Thats how I thought the feature would work.

Screenshot (3289).png