[FM15] Taking on the English pyramid with FC Romania

Feliks

28092972.png

FC ROMANIA

I love exclave teams, or teams competing in another country's league system. I've returned to FM and decided to go back to my favourite edition and take over another similar concept, which is expat club FC Romania who at that time were playing in the 9th tier of England.

I'll be trying to take FC Romania to the Premier League while retaining that Romanian core identity, signing only players who either have Romanian nationality or can speak Romanian to some extent. This won't lock me into only Romanian nationals while still keeping that identity alive.

Club History & Records (from 2014/15 onwards)

Season    League              Lvl   Pos   Pl   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts  Notes                
2014/15   Essex Senior         9     -     -   -   -   -    -    -    -     -  

Club Records
Highest Attendance:
Biggest Win:
Biggest Defeat:
Highest Scoring Game:
Highest Transfer Fee Paid:
Highest Transfer Fee Received:

Player Records
Most League Appearances for Club:
Most League Goals for Club:
Highest Average Rating in a Season:
Most Goals in a Season:
Most Assists in a Season:
Most Goals in a Match:
Youngest Player:
Youngest Goalscorer:
Oldest Player:
Oldest Goalscorer:
Fastest Goal:

Internationals

Player                Nation         Debut   Caps   Goals    Notes

Best Eleven

Pos   Player                Career       App   Gls   Notes
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
RM
CM
CM
LM
ST
ST

28092972.png

2014/15 PRE-SEASON

FC Romania start off with a really strong squad for this level, completely made up of Romanian expats many of whom were playing first or second division Romanian football prior to joining the club.

0eb292d216e5c1b3de7515d40b67242f.png

Even the worst player in the squad, Moldovan striker Andrei Simion, is considered a good player for the Isthmian Premier, a full 2 divisions above us. The rest of the squad are considered leading players for that level, so I don't imagine that it will take much to win the league this year.

The main issue however will be financial viability.

8edeb277669a64a59126c803e67d2dc0.png

We have a starting balance of just under £2,900 pounds and yet we pay £3,700 a week in wages, so we'll almost immediately be going into the red. A massive part of these early seasons will be trying to keep the club afloat financially but making sure to retain enough talent to keep going up the leagues.

ae4a2bb927239d6221ae2a5452ca2f69.png

With this in mind I've set up as many friendlies to raise funds as I can, and I will be open to any offers for my contracted players. Over the course of this first season, I will be able to get a good idea of the truly essential players I need to keep on for next season and those I can get rid of to save money on the wage bill.