Extinct countries in Nations League after 23.2 update

Leagars

Hi everyone!

I've made an update where Russia is replaced with Soviet Union (and added lower leagues with the correct rules) for the clubs to participate in continental competitions. It worked well on every level: club continental, youth tournaments and international teams tournaments as well.

But on the 23.2 update international team just disappeared from Nations league on the game start and I have no clue why and how to fix it.

Can you help me to recognize why did it happen and what can I do to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

new russia 1.3_2022_D4.fmf

Edited by Leagars

Did it work before the 23.2 update? I mean, it doesn't look like you've edited the Nations League in any way so it probably shouldn't have.

It should use fixed teams and a fixed format that doesn't allow any extra teams. You'd need to edit the Nations League to include them and to have 4 teams in each Division B group rather than 1 group with just 3. You'd also need to set it to continue rather than alter to the newer formats that filter the missing team down the divisions every iteration.

It also looks like they're not included in Euro Quals, so you'd have to edit them too. That makes sense since they're based on the Nations League, plus IIRC the Euro Quals are set for a specific number of teams.

6 минут назад, rusty217 сказал:

Did it work before the 23.2 update? I mean, it doesn't look like you've edited the Nations League in any way so it probably shouldn't have.

It should use fixed teams and a fixed format that doesn't allow any extra teams. You'd need to edit the Nations League to include them and to have 4 teams in each Division B group rather than 1 group with just 3. You'd also need to set it to continue rather than alter to the newer formats that filter the missing team down the divisions every iteration.

It also looks like they're not included in Euro Quals, so you'd have to edit them too. That makes sense since they're based on the Nations League, plus IIRC the Euro Quals are set for a specific number of teams.

Yes, it worked well on my long term-tested saves (until year 48) without any prior editing Nations League, Qualifiers etc. 

Is there any way to add these international rules along with national on one update?

4 minutes ago, Leagars said:

Yes, it worked well on my long term-tested saves (until year 48) without any prior editing Nations League, Qualifiers etc. 

Is there any way to add these international rules along with national on one update?

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

There's a guide to getting international rules into your file. A slight change in that you'd be copy/pasting them onto a blank set of rules in your existing file, rather than starting a new one.

Although you should also be able to do it in a separate file. Just adjust the Nations League for 55 teams and add USSR to the registered teams list, and adjust the Euro Quals to 55 too. Then they should automatically pick up the new russia when both files are running.

45 минут назад, rusty217 сказал:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

There's a guide to getting international rules into your file. A slight change in that you'd be copy/pasting them onto a blank set of rules in your existing file, rather than starting a new one.

Although you should also be able to do it in a separate file. Just adjust the Nations League for 55 teams and add USSR to the registered teams list, and adjust the Euro Quals to 55 too. Then they should automatically pick up the new russia when both files are running.

Thank you so much! I will try to fix it with your guide.

13 hours ago, Leagars said:

Hi everyone!

I've made an update where Russia is replaced with Soviet Union (and added lower leagues with the correct rules) for the clubs to participate in continental competitions. It worked well on every level: club continental, youth tournaments and international teams tournaments as well.

But on the 23.2 update international team just disappeared from Nations league on the game start and I have no clue why and how to fix it.

Can you help me to recognize why did it happen and what can I do to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

new russia 1.3_2022_D4.fmf 411.21 kB · 2 downloads

I've got the same problem, created my own country with leagues and everything, worked well, with club competitions and international comps, nations league, world cup, etc, but i've noticed since the update the continent section is back to being greyed out, think this is the problem, normally open the archiver had change something from true to false and it works, but for some reason even after doing all that, its still greyed out

2 hours ago, minky79 said:

I've got the same problem, created my own country with leagues and everything, worked well, with club competitions and international comps, nations league, world cup, etc, but i've noticed since the update the continent section is back to being greyed out, think this is the problem, normally open the archiver had change something from true to false and it works, but for some reason even after doing all that, its still greyed out

Updates reset any changes made in the resource archiver. It still works though, I've already changed mine back to allow editing of the continent section. Double check the method you're using and where you're loading/saving the files.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Updates reset any changes made in the resource archiver. It still works though, I've already changed mine back to allow editing of the continent section. Double check the method you're using and where you're loading/saving the files.

i've done the fix several times, extracted the file and double checked, i've definately changed it to false, but its not working 

I get a slightly different issue but the update is the cause, previously working nation overwriting Pre-1922 Ireland.

image.png.dcf065202062ba8cef78c4b8b0f3311a.png

Quite annoying as I was about 2 hours of editing from being done!

Edit: It seems the way to fix this is to redo the nations league and euro qualifying. I can get World Cup qualifying to work but I can't seem to move Kazakhstan to Asia anymore which made those European competitions work for my nation.

Edited by nine_iron

8 часов назад, nine_iron сказал:

I get a slightly different issue but the update is the cause, previously working nation overwriting Pre-1922 Ireland.

image.png.dcf065202062ba8cef78c4b8b0f3311a.png

Quite annoying as I was about 2 hours of editing from being done!

Edit: It seems the way to fix this is to redo the nations league and euro qualifying. I can get World Cup qualifying to work but I can't seem to move Kazakhstan to Asia anymore which made those European competitions work for my nation.

you are genius! thanks!

On 02/12/2022 at 14:59, rusty217 said:

This is my next job now, only way to make my nation plan European nation competitions I guess.

It would be good if we can make a file we can all use somehow. I will see what I can do this weekend.

Edited by nine_iron

18 минут назад, nine_iron сказал:

This is my next job now, only way to make my nation work.

It would be good if we can make a file we can all use somehow. I will see what I can do this weekend.

I've done a raw (not changed) file with the rules of International League and Euro/WC Qualifier, that prevent extinct countries from participating. Feel free to use it as a base for your update. 

PS: If you succeed in editing internationals without moving some country to Asia, please, make a note how to do it in a proper way. All my attempts to fix the draw for Euro Qualifiers by increasing the number of counties didn't work.

europe continent internationals 23.2.fmf

No progress with the Euro Qualifiers yet, nations league works at least.

Quali just seems to totally break no matter what I do... I can't get it to work even if I do move KAZ to Asia.

Has anyone had any sucess getting the Euro Qualifiers working?

I am using seperate files just so I can edit things easier, then loading them together in game. It hasn't helped but I don't think it hurts either.

Using my nation file on its own the Euro Quali run but my team isn't included AND it doesn't get into the nation league.

I am GUESSING if we just edit the rules for each competition in separate files we may have a better chance?

Edited by nine_iron

11 часов назад, nine_iron сказал:

No progress with the Euro Qualifiers yet, nations league works at least.

Quali just seems to totally break no matter what I do... I can't get it to work even if I do move KAZ to Asia.

Has anyone had any sucess getting the Euro Qualifiers working?

I am using seperate files just so I can edit things easier, then loading them together in game. It hasn't helped but I don't think it hurts either.

Using my nation file on its own the Euro Quali run but my team isn't included AND it doesn't get into the nation league.

I am GUESSING if we just edit the rules for each competition in separate files we may have a better chance?

My qualifiers work well with moving one country to Asia, also in separate files with national rules.

You can check my update and compare where is the difference.

international rules 23.2 (v1.0).fmf Russia in continentals 23.2 (v1.0).fmf

8 hours ago, Leagars said:

You can check my update and compare where is the difference.

SEE BELOW IN RED, CHANGES REQUIRED TO MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY, DONT SPEND ALL AFTERNOON CHASING YOUR TAIL LIKE I DID!

Maybe the issue lies in the "info" column? I tried a few values, stayed up to 2AM last night pulling my hair out.

I just swapped Pre-1922 IRE for Russia and set Russia to non-fifa and it worked. 

You clearly have a greater understanding than I could get after over 6 hours yesterday...

I don't really know what I am doing and I don't know the differences in our files but thank you for getting it to work!

Please take all the credit for the file I have put here

Pre-1922 IRE EU League & EU Quali.fmf <<< FIXED ISSUE WITH EU CLUB COMPETION QUALIFICATION!!!>>> 

To fix it yourself clear out the changes for Russia and Soviet Union, I didn't check for other changes as I am a silly person! Change total should be 14 not 102.

Also, to get Pre-1922 IRE down to Div D you must swap the nations, not the numbers in the info column! Only need to do it for the 2022 running as far as my testing can tell, not shown is swapping Latvia (now div C), only Slovakia (now Div B).

image.png.a5ede42cdbf703144b54139390c51ca6.png

Edited by nine_iron

• 2 months later...

Hello there!

When I try to verify my update on a patch 23.3, the following error appears "New stage X for Y can't find enough teams to be created".

Does somebody know how to fix this problem? I have not changed anything in euro cups and in rules as well, only some db players nationalities changes.

image.png.b851735b0d3681bd87e8f72041f5f7a4.png

Russia in continentals 23.3.fmf

Edited by Leagars

I also tried to undo all changes in the registered clubs and their stages as it is in the default 23.3 base - does not work. Probably there is some conflict with advanced continental rules and "new" countries.

PS: It It is interesting that SI even changed some clubs stages in euro cups comparing with the previous database.  

I just loaded a game in the old 23.2.0.0 database and my custom country is no longer included in International Qualifiers (previously the game started midway through the African Nations Cup qualifiers with two games already played).

I noticed that the continent section in the editor had gone back to greyed out. I thought I'd take the continent off South Sudan (who I'd previously made a non-FIFA member and I'm sure took out of Africa entirely to make way for my country) to see what happened but got this:

image.png.4e268f5251e05ab675bf2760ea85547b.png

Which says to me they've hardcoded the countries in the qualifiers as part of the update and it's not the new database causing issues.

I'm running a holiday game to see if the country is involved in the next round of qualifiers but if not is there any way to reinstall the game with the previous patch? I've got no interest in the newest changes if I can't play my custom database properly.

UPDATE - Ok, it adds the fictional country for the next African Nations Cup and World Cup qualifying so I'll accept that as good enough. Probably makes more canon sense that they wouldn't come in halfway through the first qualifiers.

Edited by Supermercado99

I wonder if they were using registered teams for the first version, but then its just pulling "get best nations" from Africa (so you've just bumped the lowest ranked team down). I know this is way too late, but I wonder if just merging South Sudan back into Sudan and using their unique ID would save a lot of headaches

• 4 weeks later...

Update 23.3.0 really messed up the fun in the editor... Before I made a lot of different nations which were playable along each other. But now that the Nations League teams are seeded, the Nations League will miss a whole division when you remove a team...

At first I thought I did something wrong, but I read a lot of fellow players experience the same problems. 

At the moment I'm trying to make a file I break up Spain in (Spain, Basque Country, Catalonia, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands ( Ceuta&Melilla, Menorca))
and later try an expanded Great Britain file... But at the moment it's useless because even the single saves aren't complete while do not particiapte in the Nations League and EC qualifiers... I don't even dare to update my current countries

If anyone knows an easy and safe solution, or has an good working expanded Europe Pack ( around 60 70 or 80 countries instead 54 ) please let me know