Holiday-ing processing speed is atrocious

I'll keep it short and sweet: the speed of holidaying in FM23 is absolutely atrocious compared to FM22.

We're talking single season sims with one league loaded.

I've got no editor files enabled, nothing but Discord opened, no skins, only graphics.

Is this "feature" here to stay or are there plans to address this in the future?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dalseong said:

I'll keep it short and sweet: the speed of holidaying in FM23 is absolutely atrocious compared to FM22.

I've got no editor files enabled, nothing but Discord opened, no skins, only graphics.

Is this "feature" here to stay or are there plans to address this in the future?

Try removing your cache and preferences then reverify your game files as shown below:

Cache/Preferences - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

Verify - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997753543185

Then try again. If that doesn't help, could be anti-virus conflicting in the game so try reading this - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997322566545

If that still doesn't help, would suggest contacting our support team directly for further assistance here - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Dalseong said:

That seems strange......I have graphics loaded and still got the times I expected when doing the benchmark tests compared to the times I was getting in FM22. 

2 hours ago, Dalseong said:

Obviously look at Neils post above but a good way to possibly see if there is anything unusual going on is to run the benchmarking tests here -

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Think it's just you. I run holidays with edited leagues to check they don't crash and I get through a month in 10 minutes. That with a very old, slow rig.

How many leagues are you running to justify 10 minutes per month?

9 hours ago, gothenburg83 said:

That seems strange......I have graphics loaded and still got the times I expected when doing the benchmark tests compared to the times I was getting in FM22. 

How long does it typically take you to sim through a single season with only one league loaded (EPL)? Everything on fast, lowest detail level, no editor files.

2 minutes ago, Dalseong said:

How long does it typically take you to sim through a single season with only one league loaded (EPL)? Everything on fast, lowest detail level, no editor files.

Unfortunately I don't know as that's not anything like I play FM, sorry

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Obviously look at Neils post above but a good way to possibly see if there is anything unusual going on is to run the benchmarking tests here -

I'd recommend what @Brother Ben suggests. Even running benchmark 1 or 2 should give us some clues!

36 minutes ago, Dalseong said:

I have a slow issue too, fm22 and fm23 beta holiday 1 league loaded was between 15 and 20 mins, now im sitting for an hour sometimes longer.

3 minutes ago, callamity said:

I have a slow issue too, fm22 and fm23 beta holiday 1 league loaded was between 15 and 20 mins, now im sitting for an hour sometimes longer.

Right? My last one league holiday on FM23 was 35 minutes long or something. I just want to quickly test tactics man...

9 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I'm running an Intel i5-10400 with the game and Documents folder saved on an NVME drive. This is the basically the same setup I had used to play FM22.

I ran benchmark 1 three times, averaging a 1:09. This is with real-time antivirus turned off, cache cleared, and file integrity verified.

Edited by Dalseong

21 minutes ago, Dalseong said:

I'm running an Intel i5-10400 with the game and Documents folder saved on an NVME drive. This is the basically the same setup I had used to play FM22.

I ran benchmark 1 three times, averaging a 1:09. This is with real-time antivirus turned off, cache cleared, and file integrity verified.

That 1st benchmark took me 1min 49 seconds, my cpu didnt go above 27%usage either. Im running an I7-10870H, 16gb ram on an nvme drive too 🤣

If it helps anything my laptop gets extremely hot when fm is on. I have a 3060 with latest drovers installed.

21 minutes ago, callamity said:

That 1st benchmark took me 1min 49 seconds, my cpu didnt go above 27%usage either. Im running an I7-10870H, 16gb ram on an nvme drive too 🤣

If it helps anything my laptop gets extremely hot when fm is on. I have a 3060 with latest drovers installed.

I see. It's just a bit disappointing to see a typical sim with basically the most barebones setup possible take 15-20 minutes longer.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Dalseong said:

I see. It's just a bit disappointing to see a typical sim with basically the most barebones setup possible take 15-20 minutes longer.

Longer than what? all our itnernal soak tests show times that are pretty much the same as fm22 across the board. (its never totally accurate comparison as league dates etc change every season so you might not get the same number of fixtures etc)

Are the two things you are comparing as close as possible in terms of leagues/db size & match engine detail level?

3 minutes ago, EdL said:

Longer than what? all our itnernal soak tests show times that are pretty much the same as fm22 across the board. (its never totally accurate comparison as league dates etc change every season so you might not get the same number of fixtures etc)

Are the two things you are comparing as close as possible in terms of leagues/db size & match engine detail level?

Im literally loading a save I created on the beta which was roughly 40 minutes faster on the beta...

3 hours ago, EdL said:

Please log a bug in the issue tracker and we can look at the save, quite probably something specific has gone wrong in the save causing a slowdown

As far as I'm concerned, it's not an issue with a specific save as I've been starting new save files very frequently. I'm going to try with 1) a new manager 2) different leagues.

3 hours ago, EdL said:

Yes. Whenever I'm testing tactics its a single league loaded with everything on fast and lowest detail possible.

12 hours ago, EdL said:

would be good to know what leagues, but i'm not seeing anything like this with a new game with a simpel setup.

As far as I'm concerned, every league seems to be the case. Although the league I have loaded most often is the English Premier League.

On 03/12/2022 at 21:13, Dalseong said:

Your time seems about right for that benchmark with your chip.  Not sure why your overall issue would be occuring

On 03/12/2022 at 21:38, callamity said:

Didn't go above 27% ?  Not even on the matchday on the Sunday?

Getting hot could suggest poor thermals.  What kind of temps are you getting whilst the test is running?  - HWMonitor will help to find this out

By the way your RAM and storage will have no bearing on FM or indeed this test.

Try Test 2