(keeping track of and) completing the scouting "knowledge of the world" much harder in FM23 than in FM22

Hello, I am interested in your opinion on this.

On first sight the new world map looks nice and all, but I find it very hard now to identify the countries I am lacking knowledge of and then checking the progress.

some of the reasons are:

in the "regions view" you won't see the countries you have no knowledge of within a region - it is just on average. When clicking on Nations you technically can see them, but my geographical knowledge of our planet is not perfect (...) and you cannot hover over nations with your mouse or anything like that. Then, in the list on the left you won't see the countries of no knowledge. But what baffled me is that you cannot even sort it by alphabet. There are so many countries I want to have knowledge of that it would take very long to A) think of them in the first place and B.) search for them in a non-alphabetical list.

I have to say FM23 really doesnt make things easy for the manager. But why would SI not make it more user-friendly? I mean, it doesnt mean I am a better football manager when I spend hours in this screen, having an Atlas or google maps on the side and of course it is no fun at all, so why not give us more comfort here?

On a different note, I have noticed that when you are searching for players in "players in range" in the scouting section, you'll find every player, regardless of your knowledge of the world.  Meaning if your data base is 110k players, you will find 110k players there (depending on your search criteria). However, when you search for staff, your search results will be limited by your "knowledge of the world" (at least this is how it was in FM22 when I tested it).  So my question is:  Does this make sense?    And secondly, wouldnt it be more exciting if you weren't able to find players you have no knowledge of?

Edited by Feron