U21 Leagues in England

Good morning, I noticed something today about the U21 set-up in England. The game only has the Premier League 2, Professional Development League, and a single "U21 Division 4". Only 52 clubs have U21 teams in a league. Is this incorrect or did something change in the England youth development structure? I also notice that it's U21 instead of U23 from years past. 

Is there any way to get rid of my U21 club? It's annoying having my coaches constantly tell me my U18s are ready for the U21 squad when the U21 squad plays no matches

Edited by jcp1417

Might be better off asking here if it's potentially a bug with missing divisions- https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/league-specific-issues/england-official-league-specific-issues/

The Premier League changed the competition to U21s this summer because it was more appropriate for the age of squads clubs tend to field in PL2. As for getting rid, I think at the start of each season (but not the first one when you start a new game) you get a mail asking if you want to submit an U21s and U18s side for the season ahead. That's the only way to remove it in-game as far as I know, otherwise it'd be the Pre-Game Editor. 

4 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Might be better off asking here if it's potentially a bug with missing divisions- https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/league-specific-issues/england-official-league-specific-issues/

The Premier League changed the competition to U21s this summer because it was more appropriate for the age of squads clubs tend to field in PL2. As for getting rid, I think at the start of each season (but not the first one when you start a new game) you get a mail asking if you want to submit an U21s and U18s side for the season ahead. That's the only way to remove it in-game as far as I know, otherwise it'd be the Pre-Game Editor. 

Idk if I need to submit a bug ticket. The game’s been out a month and I’m sure it would have been identified in the beta. 

4 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Would you happen to know where I can find info on the U21 league structure? Literally all my searches come back with New England football (American) and England u21 national team. 

Hey.

I've a similar issue. I started out in the Vanarama National League South, and there was an Uunder-18 League, but nothing for my U21 squad. Thankfully my senior squad has just been promoted to the Vanarama Naional League, but again it seems no U21 league. This is very frustrating and irritating. I don't want to have to keep just setting up friendlies for them!

• 3 months later...